It’s officially “that time.”  If you’re reading this early enough:  Go, now, before the throng of people in the above image forms at every nearby shopping location and the carnage begins.  Today, chain stores all over the place mark down the gear you want to prices you can pull the trigger on.  It’s Black Friday.

On this day and this day only, old ladies and small children alike are imbued with superhuman strength, the ability to stiff-arm their fellow man without regard for their well-being, and an all-out sixth sense for marked-down goods.  You know — the holiday spirit.

Kidding aside, if there are any cheapskates –- like me -– out there, post up a pic or two in the Flickr pool, or let us know you scored in comments.  We always love to hear the word on the street.

6 Responses to It’s Black Friday

1. Coach James says:

Well, I had a nice reply written but this &#*@$&%$&%& auto refresh just erased it. Why does this site continue to have this miserable feature?!!

2. Frank Townend says:

I agree with the coach. Use your tools to get rid of the auto refresh!

3. KMR says:

Thirded! The auto refresh is seriously annoying.

4. Coach James says:

I lost two more posts today with this auto refresh. Looks like it’s time to become a lurker instead of a poster.

5. KevinB says:

I wanted the Ryobi BF 59 doaller combo, but was too lazy to head out early though, I settled on the Ridgid 9 gallon Vac and a cheap set of Kobalt visegrips from Lowes

6. Steve says:

I got a Husky 5ft step ladder for $24 and the Ridgid 9 Gallon vacuum from Home Depot.

Lowes had a 12 gallon Shop-Vac for $29, but the ads said it only had a 1-1/4″ hose. When I went in there, I opened up a box and it was actually an 8ft 2-1/2″ hose … so I got one of those too. I plan on testing the Ridgid and the ShopVac and taking back which ever it less powerful.