If you prefer raking leaves onto a tarp for disposal, then you might want to look at the Leaf Net.  Spread the Leaf Net on the ground just like you would with a tarp — you can optionally stake down the corners with the included 6″ stakes.  Rake leaves on top of it.  When you’re done, pull the string to form a bag, and carry or drag the leaves away using the pull-string as a handle.

Douglas Net, a manufacturer of fishing nets as far as we can tell, makes the 8′ x 8′ leaf net from brown 1/4″ polyester mesh.  When not in use the Leaf Net scrunches up smaller then a tarp for easy storage.

Amazon is asking $20 for the Leaf Net.

Via Amazon [What’s This?]

Tagged with:

8 Responses to Capture Your Leaves In A Leaf Net

1. Jim German says:

I’ll keep my tarp, its far more useful for the 9 months out of the year when the leaves aren’t falling.
    Although I’ve had good luck this year mulching up my leaves for compost with the lawnmower instead of raking them.

2. Chris says:

The leaves never fall early enough here in MIchigan for them to be raked into meaningful piles before some rain or snow gets them all wet. The pile of leaves (silver maple, I think) that guy is shown carrying in the photo would weigh about 150 pounds if they were raked up in my yard.

You can stake a tarp’s corners down, too. I’m with Jim — go with the more broadly useful tool. (This also looks like it would get beat up pretty fast if there were any sticks mixed in with the leaves. How strong can that netting be?)

cl

3. ShopMonger says:

Actually the netting could be 1000lb tensile for all we know, and you can stake down a corner of a net also,,,I like the net beasue it will be light, so the women may get our and help us…

Although i admit i Mulch with a tractor, but would have loved one of these when i had a small 1/4 acre lot

4. Bill says:

8 x 8 isn’t very big for real yardwork.

5. justsomeguy says:

Just like cleaning up the leaves in the yard when I was a kid, except we used burlap tobacco wraps.

6. Brau says:

Leaves get too wet around these parts to be picked up like that. I use a tarp and just drag it if it’s too heavy.

7. loopfiend says:

I just pick up a couple king size sheets from the thrift store to do the same job.
    It is the easiest way to move large volumes of leaves.

8. paganwonder says:

10×14 blue tarp- goes camping, covers bikes, restrains debris headed for the landfill, and helps with leaves- no contest.