This combo toolbox reminds us of those little Russian Matryoshka dolls — you know, the ones that have a dozen dolls nestled inside each other.  You can just keep taking this thing apart, and you find more compartments.  Best of all, it provides the three things you need for taking care of projects around the house:  tools, power, and reach.

If you’ve got this toolbox, you never have to go back for a stepstool, tools, or an extension cord — that’s a lot of time-saving.  By keeping you from standing on the sofa, it could also save your relationship with the significant other.

If you take it to the jobsite you might be laughed out of business, but at home it’s a winner.  Lasko must be keeping this a secret, though — Amazon and Google Products seem to think it doesn’t exist, and there’s no pricing on Lasko’s website.

Power Toolbox [Lasko]

6 Responses to Toolbox With Benefits

1. strunkl says:

I’ve got an identical toolbox branded as a Craftsman model (with obligatory red plastic instead of yellow). It was my first project box, and worked great as a stepstool and powerstrip. However, the box doesn’t hold nearly the volume of tools indicated, as the three trays “nest” inside one another a bit, reducing storage space. In reality, each tray can be about 1/2 full and still fit in the box.

2. Shopmonger says:

Still a great idea for those with basement shops… On stop shopping for those quick home repairs

3. mp says:

I think I have the same box as strunkl and second that it doesn’t store quite as much as advertised. Nevertheless, it worked great when apartment dwelling in New York.

The title “Toolbox with benefits” doesn’t really seem to fit here and conjures up all sorts of associations. Although, it obviously made me click on it.

4. Old Coot says:

Should come with a T-shirt with the word “NANCY” in large letters on both sides.

5. Dan says:

I got one of these at an Ace a few years ago and while I really don’t use the storage area for much, the stepstool with an extension cord has come in very handy from time to time. I seem to remember about 16$ but it was on clearance.

6. Paulette says:

I can’t see to find the price on this tool box