(TV Tonight, Wednesday, November 12th, 2008) Discovery comes through tonight with a wonderful lineup. We get slow-mo fun on two new Time Warps, a phraseological Mythbusters, and a waterslide simulator on Prototype This. We’re not sure what the heck a waterslide simulator is, whether it’s the physics or the experience that they’re simulating — but we’re not complaining!
All times are central.
- World’s Toughest Fixes: High-Voltage Power Lines (National Geographic, 5:00 pm)
- Rock Solid: Houseboat Thin Veneer (DIY, 5:30 pm)
- How It’s Made: Conga Drums, Metal Plating, Buttons (Discovery, 6:00 pm)
- How It’s Made: Grinding Wheels, Compost, Window Blinds, Milk (Discovery, 6:30 pm)
- Ask This Old House (DIY, 7:00 pm)
- Time Warp: Liquid Nitrogen (Discovery, 7:00 pm) NEW
- Time Warp: Bull Whip (Discovery, 7:30 pm) NEW
- Deconstruction: Metal Working (DIY, 8:00 pm)
- MythBusters: End With a Bang (Discovery, 8:00 pm) NEW
- Prototype This!: Backyard Waterslide Simulator (Discovery, 9:00 pm) NEW
- World’s Toughest Fixes: Thirty-Eight-Ton Engine (National Geographic, 9:00 pm)
- How It’s Made: Plastic Injection Moulds, Automotive Oil Filters, Filing Cabinets, Blown Glass (Discovery, 10:00 pm)
- How It’s Made: High-Precision Cutting Tools, Stained Glass, Semi-Trailers, Recorders (Discovery, 10:30 pm)