You don’t often hear sanders described as sleek, but that’s exactly the word that comes to mind when we look at Black & Decker’s DS321 Dragster.  We hear the handling in corners is excellent, and it sports a 7.0A motor under the hood.

The small wheel at the very front of the unit allows you to get within a quarter-inch of most baseboards, and a flip-top cover gives you access to the top of the belt when you need it.  It takes a standard 3” x 21” sanding belt and features a movable handle for comfort and greater snout access at the front.

The Dragster’s $60 buy-in is almost double the normal gift-pricing slapped on tools at the end of the year, but this is also more handy than an electric potato peeler.

DS321 Dragster [Black & Decker]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

6 Responses to Black & Decker 7.0A Dragster

1. George K. says:

I have one and have been very happy with it. Only issue with it is that it is LOUD! I wear earplugs when using it. I have never used it in the normal way that most would, I clamp it into a 5” bench vice with rotating jaws. I needed a benchtop belt sander, and this method has worked well for me at half the cost (already had the vice) of a dedicated sander

2. F says:

I recently refinished my floors and this was great for getting under baseboard heaters. Unfortunately the dust port is now plugged and I haven’t had the time to pull it apart to clean it.

3. fred says:

We have an old Clarke B-2 rotating disk edging sander that gets in under toe kicks. This machine has pretty good dust colection – but ain’t cheap.
    I’ve seen on of my subs with a newer Clarke machine that has an extended lip that gets in even further.

4. Jim K. says:

I’ve pretty well sworn off B&D tools due to problems I had with my last 3 B&D purchases/gifts (laser level, high-power flashlight, and cordless drill). The flashlight was DOA, the laser level broke the second time I used it, and the drill was poor enough of a performer to just sort of embarrass me (I’d picked it up when I was traveling and needed a drill in a pinch to fix something for a family member). This looks like an interesting design though and might, just might get me to bite the bullet and try another time.

5. Shopmonger says:

I have had great luck in the recent past with BnD tools. I love my random orbit d handle……

Although with these there are varied reports that tracking does not hold true.
    And I have also heard that these are very loud….

I am still on the hunt for a good cheap belt sander….. I may be getting the rigid although heavy I have heard good things

6. Hyratel says:

posting necro.

Love this thing. gets into curves even a vibrating palm sander won’t touch and looks cool as hell doing it

yes the tracking is kinda shit, but if you keep an eye on it, it’s not problematic

why would noise be an issue? you ought to be wearing hearing protection anyway.