Get off your knees and chuck the Roto Planter into your cordless drill to dig holes for your bedding plants, bulbs, or seedlings.   The Roto Planter from Yard Butler can dig holes up to 22″ deep and 3″ wide.   And just because it’s called Roto Planter doesn’t mean it’s only useful for planting — open holes to deep water and fertilize your trees and shrubs, or dig holes for outside wiring or irrigation pipe.

If you want a funny read, check out the instructions.  The first step tells you to insert the Roto Planter into the drill with the pointy end away from the drill.  OK, moving on…  Remember to use a medium speed, and don’t push the auger too hard — allow the tool to dig its own hole.  Pull the auger out every few inches or so to clear the dirt.  Don’t try to dig through rock, either.

The Roto Planter will run you $20 to $25 — knee replacement surgery runs considerably more.

Roto Planter [Yard Butler]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

6 Responses to Garden With Your Power Tools

1. Matt Soreco says:

Has to hurt if you have compacted soil.

2. Old Coot says:

Wasn’t our trusted friend Billy Mays flogging something like this on TV recently?

3. Fabian says:

It’s craptastic!

Always check Infomercialratings before buying anything from the TV-Mafia!

F.

4. Quinn says:

I used one like this last weekend to plant a couple hundred bulbs in rocky New Hampshire soil (there is a reason they call it the granite state). I used a corded 1/2 in drill and I very easily could have broke my wrist when it hit rock five inches down. It worked great but you have to be careful.

5. Shopmonger says:

I made a couple of these for my wife out of some old tarp tie downs. i cust the tieing loop off and leded on some round stock then made three flats for the chuck to grab onto cost me about 2.75 per one. She uses them for gardening and then cleans it for stiring paint…….

They are great…. and yes our great friend BILLY MAZE……. sells them.

6. poppersmoke says:

I used one of these yesterday to plant 100 bulbs. It was great. The only recommendation I have is to use a corded drill. The constant churning through soil used up the batteries on my 14.4v Mikita cordless faster than I could keep them charged.