A couple years ago we posted about Ridgid’s plastic nut basin wrench.  Ridgid has since updated the 2006 model of this tool to be a “multipurpose under-sink plumbing tool,” and they renamed it the Faucet and Sink Installer.  The notched ends of this tool still fit 2, 3, 4, and 6-tabbed plastic mounting nuts on faucets, sprayers, and ball cocks — but now the tool does so much more.

The open slot allows you to loosen or tighten the nuts over supply lines.  Ridgid also added two aluminum inserts.  One insert turns angle-stop handles without marring the chrome; the other insert holds the drain unit in place while tightening the strainer nut.  If that isn’t enough, the tool also turns regular 7/8″ and 1″ hex nuts.

Pick up the new and improved 2006 model for about the same price as the old model, $20.

Faucet And Sink Installer [RIDGID]
Street Pricing [Google Products]

9 Responses to RIDGID’s Faucet And Sink Installer

1. Dano says:

I have the old one. This one looks much better since you can tighten the supply line on the other end. I saw this at Home Depot a few weeks ago and was temped to buy one. I’ll buy it the next time I’m doing a faucet replacement. Plumbing is the one thing I find you can never have too many tools for.

2. fred says:

Here is an alternative that we’ve used for some time now:

and a nut cracker for when things are really stubborn:

3. fred says:

Here is an alternative that we’ve used for some time now:

4. SlowJoeCrow says:

I bought one last year when I was changing out a faucet, and subsequently replacing the vanity. It saves a lot of hassle with both the plastic nuts on the faucet and the hex nuts on the supply lines. Also $20 is cheap enough to make it worth buying for a single project like I did.

5. kinky kindy says:

will this tool loosen the faucet hexnut which holds faucet to the sink and is in a tight spot where a basin wrench won’t fit???

6. bc says:

@kindy kindy. I looked at this tool at HD and I dont beleive it will… too large.

7. kinky kindy says:

any suggestion on what to try will be greatly appreciated !!

8. kinky kindy says:

should I saw off the nut with a roto zip saw or would a plumber be the next move??

9. peter says:

i purchased this tool on internet recently and am very dissapointed with it…