I’ll credit Dolmar with the brainpower to cobble up 20 chainsaws to a motorcycle. I’ll even go a tad further and give them props for having them all pull-start one at a time — that’s sweet.

They’ve definitely taken a go-big-or-go-home approach to this build, but I might’ve left the blades on and given it that Hellraiser, porcupine vibe.  You’d have fewer people in line to test it out — and anyone who could ride it without serious injury would earn a few months of over-the-BBQ, smack-talking bragging rights.

Chainsaw Bike [YouTube]

6 Responses to It’s Just Cool: Chainsaw-Powered Bike

1. Kyle says:

AW LAME. No actual video of it, you know, moving? Weak.

2. David H says:

Yeah. Those chain saw engines might not even be connected to anything, for all we know.

3. Grimshot says:

This may be the dumbest vehicle I’ve ever seen. I especially like watching the two dude going down the line pulling start cords. It even sounds dumb!

4. DocN says:

Dumb? It’s a promotional device, like the Oscar Myer Weinermobile. Sure, not all that useful, but definitely attracts attention- which is all it was designed for.

The Dolmar bike, besides being five or six years old now- I remember seeing it back when “internet videos” were still novel, long before YouTube- is not exactly a race bike. Consider that 24 chainsaw engines, that each *might* put out as much as 2 HP, tops, means that thing has a whopping 50HP or so, and virtually no torque.

It’s a fun demo bike, nothing more. But that doesn’t mean it’s not cool. 🙂

Doc.

5. PutnamEco says:

Re:
    ———
    w.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEv5Z1HV6-0
    w.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzx8Y–UNto

The Dolmar PS 7900 puts out 6.2 HP so we’re talking 148 HP
    w.thechainsawstore.com/servlet/the-8/NEW-DOLMAR-PS-7900/Detail

More Info on bike
    w.dolmar.com/news/dolmette/

Just add the usual htp://ww

By the way it has 24 motors