(Monday, September 1st, 2008) Labor Day is one of our favorite times of the year around the Toolmonger shop. It reminds us that cooler days are ahead and that every once in a while you need to relax and put your feet up — preferably within reach of a beer.
Take some time in the shop or enjoy the glut of marathons on the tube. Almost everyone is taking it easy — even the TV programming folks. There’s a new Top Gear for those of you who just have to see something fresh, but we’ve got our eye on a few of the numerous How It’s Made episodes.
All times are central.
- Rock Solid: Fire Pit and Grill (DIY, 5:00 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Dairy Cow Midwife (Discovery, 5:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Conga Drums, Metal Plating, Buttons (Science, 5:00 p.m.)
- Trains & Locomotives (RFD-TV, 5:00 p.m.)
- Rock Solid: Interlocking Stone Wall and Steps (DIY, 5:30 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Grinding Wheels, Compost, Window Blinds, Milk (Science, 5:30 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Dirty Jobs of the Big Apple (Discovery, 6:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Brushes and push brooms, blackboards, smoked salmon, zippers (Science, 6:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Mattresses, 3D Commercial Signs, Hardwood Floors, Corrugated Polyethylene Pipe (Science, 6:30 p.m.)
- Top Gear: Episode 8 (BBC America, 7:00 p.m.) NEW
- Dirty Jobs: Snake Researcher (Discovery, 7:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Ceramic Tiles, Nuts, Steel Forgings, Skateboards (Science, 7:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Car Engines, Flour, Recliners, Envelopes (Science, 7:30 p.m.)
- Top Gear: Episode 7 (BBC America, 8:00 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Animal Barber (Discovery, 8:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Remix: Labor Day (Science, 8:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Remix: Golf (Science, 8:30 p.m.)