The guys from Trojan Manufacturing had a little fun with the name of this product, playing on the name of a famous country singer, but the Dolly-Cartin from Trojan Manufacturing is a serious tool.  Use it to transport sheet goods, doors and windows, mattresses, or anything else that fits its 9″-wide capacity, all by yourself.

Trojan builds this dolly to last — it’s steel, finished with a powder coat, and made in the USA.  The two 10″ pneumatic wheels make it easy to roll your load over concrete, carpet, lawns, or other flat surfaces, plus they allow you to turn your load in place. The side clamping plates grip the load and quickly adjust from 0 to 9 inches wide with T-handle set screws.

They normally retail for $150, but you can pick up your Dolly-Cartin for around $100 at Amazon with free super saver shipping.

Dolly-Cartin
[Trojan Manufacturing]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]

6 Responses to Dolly-Cartin Won’t Be Singing Any Time Soon

1. fred says:

Not as elegant – but we have made ones for years out of 2×4 and 2×6 lumber with plywood sides and lawnmower wheels.

2. Bob The Drywall Guy says:

Huh…. That’s a lot more portable, and a LOT cheaper then a panel cart… and it’ll hold more drywall… wonder if it’ll hold up to 18 sheets at about 60 lbs a sheet? what’s that 1080 lbs? I might just have to break one of these trying…

3. beetlekill says:

Cool, gave me the idea to build one with alot more ground clearance . Some times the construction site can be pretty muddy and rutty .

4. Shopmonger says:

Nice, I love these, I have made them before to move un-weildy objects ,…

good find thoguh i did not know they could be purchased retail

5. Brew says:

They do work well, I have a couple of these, http://www.doorkart.com/ and like them. They are just about 2″ wide in the opening so you won’t be carrying 2 doors at once or anything.

Brew

6. Grant says:

I agree with Brew, I bought a few from http://www.doorkart.com/ and find use for them all the time. They also hold up well under daily use. I’ve had mine for over 5 years and they are still holding strong.