bullrings.jpg

Here’s the trick to finding good truck gear: Look for items that not only function but also don’t call unnecessary attention to themselves.  A retractable anchor point that slides down into itself, the Bull Ring locks in either the up or down position, and it’s rated to hold 1,000 pounds of dead weight before breaking.

For guys with tonneau covers, this’ll allow you to keep the function of a tie-down hook but still cover the bed every once in a while.  It looks like you attach the tie-down to the truck with a clamp type of fastener.  A set of two runs around $15.

Bull Rings [Bull Accessories]
Street Pricing [Google Products]

7 Responses to Bull Ring Truck Hooks

1. Chuck says:

I had a couple of these on my old truck, and didn’t replace them or take them off when I got a new truck. Handy, but had to have a screwdriver to pry them up every time I needed to use them.

2. beano_t says:

I have these and love them….

3. Daniel says:

I have six of these on my truck and use the often. They work great and have held a motorcycle up just fine, so I think they are tough enough.

Chuck, I have a couple that are stiff also, but I found after some use the loosen up, but also, I tried them in different pockets and they were easier to work depending on where they were placed, probably slightly different loading on the mount.

4. Nate says:

Got these on my truck too. The only drawback with them is the closed loop design that you have to thread rope through. I’ve solved this by keeping some decent quality climbing carabiners on hand to use as quick links for putting rope into. A carabiner like this http://www.rei.com/product/662847 rated to 22 kilonewtons should be good to hold around 4500 lbs.

5. Matt says:

Where did you see the load rating listed? I don’t see it on their site.

6. Matt says:

Hah! Found it. Usually helps to check both links.

7. Roger says:

Where do you find them for $15? The best Google lists them for is about twice that.