stfunnel.jpg

Sometimes you need a funnel but you don’t want to use the grungy funnel you’ve got. S&S Concept’s Fast Funnel provides a quick and clean funnel when you need one — and if you’re worried about contamination, just tear off a fresh funnel.

Made of a coated heavy-grade paper, Fast Funnels come in packs of three, folded flat.  Just rip one off and it pops into a funnel that’s goods for liquids, like oil and coolant, or powders like soaps. A pack will run you a buck or three, so keeping a set just in case is within reason.

Fast Funnel [Official Site]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?] [B000R8LZW2] [What’s This?]

14 Responses to Funnels When You Need Them

1. Peaboy says:

Yeah MORE trash !!

2. James says:

Free funnel with every 6 pack….and I don’t mean 6 pack of oil.

3. Old Coot says:

Looks like WALL-E is going to be very busy.

4. Chris says:

Yet again Toolmonger just now discovers something Walmart has had for a few years.

5. Eric Dykstra says:

Chris,

let me explain to you what i do for toolmonger. I search the interwebs and stores for stuff i see that i think is interesting and hasn’t yet been posted here…that’s it. I hope someone else mind it useful or interesting.

I was going to post about the Roadmaster one’s that are at Wal-Mart but they have no web presence as far as I can tell. They are made of recycled paper, i would have much rather posted about them.

~eriC

6. Nick says:

well personally im glad for this post, this happened to me last weekend where I needed a funnel, and would rather keep these in my tool chest than a gatorade bottle cut in half. So thanks and ill be pickign up some!

7. Toolaremia says:

Sheesh, what a bunch of wet blankets! Peaboy and Chris, you are in the wrong place. This blog is for people who enjoy tools and shop stuff, not eco-fascists or trolls. Shoo!

These are pretty cool. I have a shop full of tools and only discovered these when the car I bought from a friend had a few in the glove box. I don’t buy any automotive stuff from wally-world (except intelligent battery maintainers), so I’ve never noticed these before. They are great for the glove box for those unexpected occasions when you might need one.

8. Blind says:

I always just use a sheet of paper and maybe some tape. Not really seeing an advtage to this since my solution is much cheaper 😀

9. Hank says:

Toolaremia is correct to a certain extent.

I have seen tools here that I have seen before, or even owned. So what?

I really like this site because it is run and written by guys who like all sorts of crazy shit, or at least are curious about it. I like this site because it invites comments about the posts, the tools, the ideas, new ideas, etc., including gripes about any of the aforementioned.

Dissent is healthy. Constructive griping is healthy. Taking pot-shots at another man’s work on this site indicates the writer may be having a bad day, or is an incurable asshole. I prefer to believe Chris just had a bad day.

10. Mike D says:

I’ll often take a sheet of aluminum foil and fashion that into a funnel. Oil proof and you can mold it into weird shapes to get around obstructions.

11. Ryan says:

I thought this was interesting Eric, and I have never heard of disposable funnels before reading this article, so keep up the good work. If you ever reccomend a fanny pack for a nail bag I might pick on the article a bit 😉

12. Coach James says:

I don’t go to Mao Mart unless I have a gun put to my head so I would never have seen these there. I will look for them next time I’m in Big Lots though. My sister uses a funnel once in a blue moon so these would be good for her.

13. Ken says:

I’m glad to see others are discovering the Fast Funnel. We have been using them in our plant for a few years now, after one of my employees brought a few back from Afghanistan where he was stationed for a year and had to use them for swaping fluid in tanks and the like (Not to mention mixing gatorade powder in his cantene). We no longer have to worry about cross contamination of oils & fluids in our machinery. For years my employees would clean out plastic funnels with dirty rags and then use that same funnel to pour hydraulic fluid in a machine which, in turn caused costly problems.

14. Shopmonger (aka Donny B) says:

These are great I had them in my shop all the time. Although I am increasingly becoming more and more green in my home shop, they still ahve a purpose. And in order to recycle i simply have a old cookie sheet that sits under my clean tank “totally eco freindly with bio-degreaser” and when they dry out i use them to fuel my home made pool heater that can burn almost anything….. These are great.. thanks Eric for posting these.
    Toolaremia is right all useful tools are cool……..JUST DEAL and if you can’t there is a great site for you…. http://www.goaway.com