nibbler attachment 2 -450.jpg

Nibbler saws cut sheet metal fast, and if you need a big one for everyday use this may not be the tool for you. But if you only occasionally need to cut sheet metal up to 16 gauge (that’s 1/16″ thick) then check out this good deal. In addition to nibbling 1/16″ sheet metal, you can also saw through thicker materials like light-gauge sheet metal, for about $70.  It might save you space and fatigue too — there’s no way it weighs eight pounds like a big nibbler.

Nibbler Drill Attachment [Woodward Fab]
Street Pricing [Google Products]

6 Responses to Cheap-Ass Tools: Nibbler Saw Attachment

1. fred says:

A neat little tool!

Also no way that a big nibbler wieghs only 8 lbs.

I think that our big Kett weighs in closer to 40 lbs !

2. Chris says:

If you’ve got an air compressor Harbor Fright has an air nibbler with similar specs for $20. Assuming it’s only gets occasional use (otherwise why have the drill attachment) this might be the way to go.

3. Kris says:

At $70 plus shipping I would not call this cheap-ass.

4. Rob says:

I have the harbor freight pneumatic nibbler. Have used it maybe 3 or 4 times and has worked well with that light usage. And it was much cheaper than $70

5. fred says:

I guess that cheap is a relative term.
    I just checked out the going price for the big Kett nibbler that we use – and see that its about 30 times the cost for this one – at about $2900

6. eschoendorff says:

Not a nibbler, but I found this is a box of “junk” from my dad:

It is a reciprocating saw that is driven by a drill….