jump to example.com
Gordon Wrench

You probably have angle-stop valves under your sinks or behind your toilet for shutting off the water in an emergency or when working on the fixture — if you don’t, lucky you, you get to turn off the water to the whole house. These valves aren’t always the easiest to turn, and, better yet, the plastic ones can break on you, if you don’t have the right tool. The Gordon wrench fits angle-stop handles perfectly and gives you the leverage you need to turn the handle without damaging it or your hand.

Made in the USA with light and rustproof ABS plastic, the Gordon wrench’s two perpendicular sockets will fit most angle-stop handles. It’s small enough to fit into tight spaces behind fixtures, and a mounting hole allows you to hang it by the fixture so you don’t have to search for it.

Next time you really need to shut off the water so the toilet doesn’t overflow, you might wonder why you didn’t shell out $6 for a Gordon wrench.

The Gordon Wrench
[Corporate Site]
Via Amazon [What’s This?]


11 Responses to The Gordon Wrench

  1. Chris says:

    This is why I buy quarter-turn PTFE ball valves for those applications. Then I don’t need to buy a (plastic, and therefore breakable) wrench to break them loose five years later when I finally need to shut something off. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a PTFE ball valve seize up, and I’m not sure it’s even possible without seriously mistreating the valve.


  2. mhig9000 says:

    This looks like a great tool. These valves are notorious for sticking, especially when they’ve been on there and open for the past 2 decades. The handles that come on most of those valves are utter crap, and will usually bend, deform, or break off if you try to use pliers on them.

    Seems like they would have come out with these years ago.

  3. mike t says:

    I exercise the stops in my bathrooms every couple of months so they dont stick open and i know they’ll work when i need them too.

  4. BJN says:

    Looks like a good tool for a commercial plumber who will run into junk plumbing often, but in my house I’d replace any cheap-assed supply valves with quality quarter turn valves.

  5. kif says:

    It seems like any force greater than you can apply with your fingers would break the valve. Maybe, for emergency sake, keep the street cutoff wrench handy instead. I agree with point concerning the quarter turn valves. I have a small house with only 9 or so of these valves. At $5 more per valve, $45 seems well worth avoiding the headache of dealing with the cheesy crappy valves.

  6. fred says:

    A squirt of WD40 allowed to work for a bit and then a gloved-hand gets most unstuck.

    We do a lot of high-end lavs with Rohl fixtures. We trim it out with their angle-stops.


    Not within most folks budgets – but we have clients who wnat them.

  7. Joe says:

    Yes ball stops are better but if the angle stop valves are there you do have to turn them off. I got one of these tools (Gordon Wrench) quite a few years ago for myself and one for each of my adult children (stocking gifts). I’ve used mine twice (IT WORKS) and several of the children have commented they have used theirs. I must comment I fell much better using this tool on the valves than slip joint pliers or stilson wrenches … the other alternatives since hand turning (even with the WD40 treatment) usually doesn’t work.

  8. Gary says:

    The Gordon wrench is great! Now if I could find a similar wrench to place over the wheel handle on a gate shutoff valve!

  9. Steve Torbit says:

    Is this wrench still available to purchase?

  10. Dan says:


    I can’t find a Gordon Wrench anywhere. Do you know where I can get one today? I have many stuck stop valves in my 60+ year-old house. Thanks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.