(Friday, June 6th, 2008) So, where are Toolbelt Diva, Holmes on Holmes, etc? Gone. Discovery has decided that the next big thing is “green” marketing, so they’ve changed the Home channel to the Green channel. Now they can run ads for products that people can buy to eliminate their guilt — wonderful.
Eileen O’Neill, president and general manager of Planet Green says “[the Friday lineup] is very home-renovation-oriented. A tentpole there would be Renovation Nation. A lot of people are figuring out what their weekend-warrior plans are from that — fix-it, do-it-yourself situations.”
That’s great, unless you live in the real world where repairs have to be done at low cost and without building code and HOA variances…but whatever. We’re sure this is going to, like, totally save the planet.
So we’re left with nothing but DIY and How It’s Made reruns — at least until a slew of How It’s Made (from mud and twigs) or American ‘Cycle (bicycle that is) shows are produced.
All times are central.
- How It’s Made: Toothpicks, Acrylic Bathtubs, Helicopters, Beer (Discovery, 6:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Hearing Aids, 3-D Puzzles, Rubber Mats, Toilets (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Remix Green (Science, 7:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Remix Green Tech (Science, 7:30 p.m.)
- Hammered With John & Jimmy DiResta: Birch Kitchen Island (DIY, 8:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Solid Tires, Cheesecake, Canoe Paddles, Globes (Science, 8:00 p.m.)
- Wood Works: Wood-Finishes Tour (DIY, 8:30 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Boomerangs, Barbecues, Pinball Machines, Strobe Lights (Science, 8:30 p.m.)
- Wood Works: Treasure Box (DIY, 9:00 p.m.)
- New Yankee Workshop: Deluxe Router Station (DIY, 9:30 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Fur Coat, Hearse, Outdoor Lighting Fixtures, and Golf Tee (Discovery, 10:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Robotic Arms, Tattoos, Sanitary Napkins, Concrete Pipes (Discovery, 10:30 p.m.)