Craftsman 10 in. Sliding Miter Saw

This Craftsman 10″ sliding compound miter saw normally sells for $250, bur right now Sears is listing it for $190. It weighs in at a modest 52-lbs, and it comes with a 10″ carbide blade. Powered by a 3 HP motor, the saw can cut boards up to 12 inches wide, and you can adjust the blade for both bevel and miter cuts. Two retractable extension wings with stop clamps provide extra support for the workpiece. And a laser helps you align your workpiece before you cut.

Craftsman Sliding Miter Saw [Sears]

7 Responses to Dealmonger: Craftsman 10″ Sliding Miter Saw $190

1. fred says:

This may be a good deal for a homeowner or as a saw to set up permanently in a shop.
    Over many years our experience with miter saws is that some do not stand up to the rigors of commercial work. I can not comment on this model – but we tried both a Craftsman and a Ryobi a few years back to serve as spare saws on a jobsite. Sometimes we set up as many as 3. What we found was that both worked OK after some tweaking to get the detents to conform to a precise angle setting – but then after some use and moving about from site to site – plastic parts started breaking off and miter settings started to drift unacceptably. We had been standardizing on fairly expensive Bosch saws – so we hoped that a few less expensive models would fill in. We have not tried every model – so I don’t know if we should continue to look – but would like to hear about others experiences. By the way – we have been moving to Makita saws as we need to add to or replace the Bosch units – and my trim carpenters say that the Makitas are better.

2. Donny B says:

For most home owners and Wood Shop guys this is a great deal. Nothing like ahving good cross cut length. Yeah it may not take the abuse of a job sight. but make a good miter table (see His Normness) and this saw will be handed down to many generations.

3. Old Donn says:

Even amatuers who are serious woodworkers have the same problems that Fred’s pros do, and generally stay away from Craftsman power tools. I know some of those marked Craftsman Professional are made by DeWalt, ( or used to be). I doubt this is one of them.

4. Drew says:

I had a Task Fore 10″ slinding miter for a couple of years. I went to change the blade and the spindle snapped. So rather than buying another Task Force I went with this model. When I got it home I pulled it out of the box, I looked at it then at my Task Force, then back again. They are the exact same saw!! The parts breakdowns in the manuals even use the same part numbers except for the different brand name stickers. If you are thinking about this one, compare prices on the Task Force at Lowes. Same saw, just think about the extended service/warranty plan.

5. Bryan says:

HA…I can verify that another saw is the same as a Lowe’s Task Force.
    Craftsman 10 in. 15A Compound Miter Saw with Laser Trac™
    Sears item# 00921229000 Mfr. model# 21229 is the same saw as the Lowe’s Task Force Heavy-Duty 10″ Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw with Laser Item #:251938 Model: M2500LW2

Just picked this up for $44 floor model.

6. Janell says:

Tried to buy this at the $189.99 price as shown on Sears.com and they would NOT honor it, they could not find this price (though I found it everytime doing a search) nor does their “corporate” site say they will sale it for less than the $234 price. Where is this for sale at the $190 that will be honored? Thank you.

7. Chris says:

Janell: Take a look at the date of this post, then take a look at your calendar.

cl