POURit450.jpg

Pouring out of a paint can requires artistry and talent that ninety percent of the human race lacks. If you’re not one of those lucky ten percent, you can replace your paint can’s original lid with a POURit reusable lid, which lets you pour easily through a small spout. Better yet, the POURit lid closes with a simple twist top.

Now you can keep around those invaluable partial cans of paint, for touching up the bathroom, dining room, kitchen, etc., without having to deal with those paint can lids that are notoriously messy and difficult to deal with. Just be careful where you set ’em when you take ’em off — they’re full of paint!

The POURit lid only costs about $3, and less than $2 on Amazon.

POURit [D.A.L.E.S.]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s This?] [What’s This?]

9 Responses to POURit Reusable Paint Can Lid

1. Dave says:

Very very useful. I started using these when I realized I was spilling 5 bucks worth of post-cat lacquer every time I filled up my spray tank.

2. Tim B. says:

I’ve been using these for ages… Thumbs up… WAY up!

3. SuperJdynamite says:

Can you fit a small squirrel cage mixer through the hole? If not then you’ll end up futzing with the lid anyway.

4. Geoff says:

How long does paint last when of of these lids is used?
    Can you shake the can with the our lid attached?
    Is the can rim all filled wit paint that you can’t switch back to the original lid?

5. fred says:

This might be useful for homeowners,

6. mike t says:

gimick.. Pouring paint aint hard.

7. SuperJdynamite says:

“The painters that work for me usually pour out all of their gallon cans into 5 gallon pails to blend and mix them.”

This is known as “boxing” paint. The idea is that individual gallon containers might vary slightly in color so you mix them all together to average them out.

This solves the problem of painting one area with one gallon then painting an adjacent area with another gallon and having them be two slightly different shades.

8. carolyn jones says:

Where can I buy these pourit snap on lids? Please advise.

9. Rob says:

These are the best of all the brands I’ve tried. Lowes used to carry these and they dropped them for a cheaper product that doesn’t seal tight to the can. Amazon doesn’t carry them and the maker doesn’t have a web site so I can buy them on line.
    A shame, actually.