6 Responses to Untether Your Nail Gun With The HipShot

1. SuperJdynamite says:

“and CO2-powered belt packs can only drive so many nails before you have to buy a new canister.”

You don’t throw away the canister when it’s empty. You can get them refilled at The Sports Authority or any place else that fills paintball gun canisters.

2. fred says:

We tried one of those Kobalt/Lowes variants of the CO2 rig.
    In our applications they will not replace our Paslode Impulse drivers.

3. Ivan Jakinov says:

+10 dork points for wearing one of these

4. Barri says:

i had the kobalt CO2 system and i was lucky if i got 150 shots of a brad nailer from a 20oz canister. I even tryed different brand guns and hoses and still no change. A total rip off and lowes canisters were never anywhere near full, so you got even less shots. I would hate to think how often this thing has to run to get the pressure to run a nail gun. Might as well just nail the nails in by hand and you wouldnt look like such a tool.

5. Steve says:

I have one of these, I got it to provide portable air to blow out computers on job sites. I can get 2-3 shots out of it before it needs to fire the compressor.

I was told it was designed for builder support people to complete quickie repairs on finished homes etc.

6. kyle says:

I think this would be the same pincipal as the porter cable cordless nailers with a built in compressor, but the compressor isnt incorperated in to the gun, this would probly work well for finish work since you dont typicaly fire a lot of nalis guick ley when donig finish work so the time i between shot the pressure should build back up and your ready to go.