Wristwriter.jpg

Taking measurements down can be a task unto itself — it requires you to keep track of your tape measure, paper, and pencil. That might be a lot for some Toolmongers, so finally the tool market has delivered an aid for you.

The WristWriter can hold your tape measure, paper, and pencil, all on one weighed-down wrist.

The WristWriter, the invention of a frustrated woodworker, holds a pencil and up to 22′ of paper on a continuous strip, and its wristband can accept almost anything with a clip on it. Its manufacturer says the WristWriter’s main selling point is its ability to save you time, not how fashionable it looks.

Like all specialized multi-tools, the WristWriter has attracted its share of dedicated fans, especially pilots. Apparently, you can modify the WristWriter to become a kneeboard, which is handy for taking notes while flying.

All in all, the result is a potentially excellent note-taking tool, or at least a substitute for an old ’70s watch. If the large design seems a little clunky for your taste, they offer a svelte “Elite” version. You can get either style from the manufacturer and some retailers for $20.

WristWriter [Official Site]

6 Responses to Strap On The WristWriter

1. Bart'sDad says:

Working as a mechanic, I wear nitrile gloves constantly and they make great note pads. This device seems bulky and clumsy.

2. Mel says:

Looks like it would be MUCH better than a 5 x 9″ kneeboard, tho’.

3. Lew says:

This looks like some kind of joke. Is it?

I guess if you are flying in a plane (like the picture above) and you HAVE to write something down while in mid-flight, it may prove useful. I am not a pilot, so I really can’t speak to that use.

However, what woodworker in their right mind would strap this bulky thing to their wrist and then use major power tools (planers, joiners, table saws, etc). Even when I do renovation, I just write measurements on tape measure or the board I need to cut.

4. Ryan says:

HAHA with Lew, is this a joke?

5. Jack says:

Hey Lew it is a joke, if you have judged it without first trying it out, but the real joke is on you. I have used this device in my shop for several years and if you only take one measurement at a time you would never get a job in my shop. The advantage that I have found is that I can go around a house and measure every window and all of the base board including shelves etc. then go to my chop saw station and cut everything up without walking back and forth, wasting time and energy. You might think it looks bulky, but surprisingly it doesn’t get in the way at all, and when I put it on the scale it only weighed 2oz. And by the way it has water resistant paper if you happen to be framing outside.

6. Ron says:

This company is crooked. Took my money and did not provide the product. Repeated telephone calls were not returned.