T-post.gif

Driving around the countryside, you see a lot of fencing hung on T-posts — they’re economical posts for wire fences. Well, don’t you wish there was an easy way to get over ’em? Lobo Products grants that wish, with the T-Post Stepper.

Made of cast aircraft aluminum, the T-Post Stepper clips onto a T-post and allows you to step up and over the fence. Once you get to the other side, you simply slide it off and mosey on to the next fence. Though it’s only 8″ x 2-1/2″ x 1″, it’ll support up to 1,000 lbs of potential trespasser. Originally designed for hunters, this tool has also helped out surveyors, forest rangers, and other outdoor professionals.

tpost.jpg

If you’d like to jump your own fences, the T-Post stepper will set you back about $15.

T-Post Stepper [Lobo Products]
Street Pricing [Google Products]

15 Responses to High-Steppin’ Fence Tool

1. Frank Townend says:

Nice and simple, as it should be. This would make a great “What is It?” for tool shows.

2. ToolFreak says:

If that thing ever slips, somebody’s going to be singin’ soprano for awhile.

3. Fred says:

There are all sorts of Farm Fence gizmos, tools parts etc.
    Take a look at:

4. PutnamEco says:

They also work in the other direction as a nice grab or jack point for t post removal.

If any of you all need to install a lot of t post fencing, I would recommend an auto post pounder, if you don’t have a piece of heavy equipment to push them in with.

video link

5. Jim K. says:

Man do I wish I’d had one of these a year ago. Did my usual step and bounce over move and well, let’s just say it was an inelegant solution that my leg still has memories of to this day.

6. There are variety of tools you need, Please give a look at;

7. Frank Townend says:

Shahbaz Rafique: If you want to suggest a tool you may want to use this link: http://toolmonger.com/submit-a-tool/ Otherwise it looks like a commercial message or “SPAM”.

8. Michelle W-R says:

HELP!
    I can’t find these ANYWHERE and I need them for work. If you can find one online somewhere please let me know.

Thanks so much everyone.

9. Larry says:

Michelle W-R,
    I’ve been browsing these toolmonger posts backwards. This one was posted in March of ’08. I can’t find this either. I’m guessing that maybe one of em broke in use and now they might have been sued right out of business!
    Still, it might be worth it to make one yourself. I would make mine out of steel though.

10. kurt says:

FYI, from the late 1990’s to the start of 2000, I was the marketing manager for the original LOBO OUTDOOR PRODUCTS. The original mason Hi-Stepper. During the SHOT shot in Las Vegas years ago, it was hard for people to understand how someting so light weight could handle this weitht. Think AIRCRAFT. This at the time was the strongest Al. Alloy being cast. I saw test results way over 2,000 lbs. This patent was offered up to a business in Edmond OK. Hope this helps. As for Larry, this product was invented by a hunter for the hunters. It was tested before and after it was introduced to the market. It was indorsed by thousands of Hunter Education instructors accross the nation as a safe and ethical tool if and when you had promission to cross fences. Just my two cents.

11. Dan McCammon says:

So, what happened to the company? At the risk of running prices up, I try to buy every T-Post Stepper that comes up on eBay. I set up an alert with eBay, so I can see every time they come up.

• Tim says:

I have a brand new Hi Stepper I would be willing to part with for the right price!
      Email me at tspang80@hotmail with any and all offers…..

12. David Hayes says:

These Hi Steppers are a fantabulous tool! I bought mine around 1998 and it has served me faithfully ever since. In addition to the list of all the outdoorsmen they serve, add HIKERS! I don’t think any serious hiker should be without one, especially if you hike in National Forests where there are innumerable b.w. fences for the purpose of managing range cattle. I will never need to buy another one, as there’s nothing you could do to destroy one of these things, but I would like to give a few people one as a gift(great stocking stuffer!). Is ebay the only source of these now??

13. David Hayes says:

Kabunga! I just answered my own question with a little research. You can buy the Lobo Hi-Steppers all day long from Amazon for twenty bucks and they even come with a belt holster! They look identical to the one I bought in 1998 and apparently the company Kurt referred to on 9-18-2012 that Lobo sold the patent to when it folded put them into production again. I love it when these episodes have a happy ending!