Leatherman Crunch

The tool market seems to offer a multi-tool for every possible need. Now Leatherman, seeing a niche to fill, offers the Crunch, which sports the usual assortment of tools plus the addition of locking pliers. If you often need things to stay put, hands-free, you might want this multi-tool in your pocket or on your belt.

The stainless steel Crunch measures 4″ long closed and 5-1/2″ open. It includes a knife, screwdrivers, and wire cutters, and it also features a hidden hex bit adapter integrated into the adjuster screw. But the real star of the show is the locking pliers — the pliers swing out and the locking mechanism engages in a way that really needs to be seen to be understood — so check it out at Leatherman’s site.

You can get the Crunch for about $55.

Crunch [Leatherman]
Street Pricing [Google Products]

10 Responses to Leatherman’s Crunchy Multi-tool

1. js says:

This has been out for about 10 years already. I’ve had one for at least that long.

2. tmib_seattle says:

Great tool, I’ve had mine for quite a while. I added photos of mine to the Flickr pool back in July. There’s 4 photos with my comments here:

3. Tom Jackson says:

The late lamented Schrade once put out a similar tool, based on a genuine Irwin 5WR Vise-Grip with a collection of tools in the handle.
    That was highly useful.

4. Rob1855 says:

Had one of these for years. Never ended up carrying it much, regrettably.

5. Eric Dykstra says:

JS, didn’t mean to make it seem like it was a new item, just pointing it out.

Tom, My Dad had one of those vice-grip multi-tools and lost it one day while he was out at lunch. It’s much lamented.

6. Mel E. says:

Have had one close to 10yrs. Replaced it with a wave because of the added functions and the blade in the crunch just isn’t all that great. Nice small size but a hassle to open and use frequently.

7. AOJ says:

I have one of these too. Mine came with a nice open top leather holster. I ended up strapping the holster to my tool belt and it works great for holding a utility knife. I still have the crunch, but I have no idea where it is (and don’t remember the last time I had a need to look for it)

I have a wave that gets strapped to my belt any time I’m going to be working around the house.

8. Casey says:

I too have had one for years now, when i got it i liked the idea of having and size wrench on me to get me out of a jam. i carry it my tool bag as a satellite tech and its been a great companion to my 7/16 and 1/2 wrenches i always have on me. never know when ill run into a metric bolt or what size ill need for those old copper split bolts on the house ground.

I can’t say i have ever used the ruler marked on the side of these things.

9. craig says:

The crunch is a great tool. I have had it for many years.

10. Damian says:

The Leatherman Crunch multitool is so handy, and I think the lockable pliers is my favourite thing about it as this takes a lot of pressure of your hands when working, its ideal for mechanics and you also have the rest of the tools on it which are a necessity