Sears Presidents Day Sale

In their Hot Buys section, Sears is deeply discounting a few select tools for their President’s Day Sale. The sale runs through Tuesday the 19th, but notice that the socket sets are half-off only this Friday and Saturday. So if you need to fill out some empty 1/2″ socket spaces in your toolbox, you’d better get crackin’.

Hot Tool Buys [Sears]

7 Responses to Dealmonger: Sears Hot Tool Buys

1. ToolFreak says:

When Sears has stuff that’s 50% off, it’s a good deal, but it’s so annoying when they throw other stuff in the “Hot Buys” like the vacuum, pliers, and tool set that aren’t discounted as much. Anyone who follows Sears’ sales knows these things go for 50% off sometimes too. I guess they do it to make slightly more profit on those who don’t know.

2. Yeah, I know what you mean about other stuff. I just threw it all in because it was part of the same sale. Is the 12″ bar clamp for $9.99 really a good deal? Well at least it’s a little more competitive, but I’ve seen Irwin 12″ clamps 2 for $9.99 before.

It also seems like they aren’t putting their good hand tools on 50% off as much anymore. I seem to remember that over the course of a year you could depend on any hand tools being discounted by 50% — usually around Father’s day. But I’ve been waiting for many years to see the 1/2″ sockets cut 50% and I look at their ads faithfully every week.

3. Tony says:

Well, I WAS thinking about getting another floor jack…

4. Old Donn says:

Aside to Tony, Hope you have better luck with this jack than I did. Seals started to leak within a year, and there’s only a limited warranty. Bottom line? This thing wound up at the curb on garbage day.
    Now that K-Mart sells Craftsman, some unadvertised deals can be found there. Got a 4 piece Craftsman plier set for 5 bucks the other day. Slip-joint, tongue & groove, mini long nose & diagnal cuts.

5. Teacher says:

That jack looks like a small trolley jack that you would carry in your trunk to change a flat not a full size floor jack.

I was in our Sears yesterday and didn’t see the meters on sale. I need to get four for my classroom.

Our Sears does have deep well 1/2 inch sockets on sale for 50% off about three times a year a year.

6. Tony says:

It doesn’t matter about the jack, anyway. The local Sears was out of them. I’ll just pick up a cheap-o from an auto-parts store for under $20 some day.

I don’t need to use it often; maybe twice a year.

7. Ken says:

Its been my experience that the tools that Sears discounts steeply are junk that they couldn’t sell normally or they are discontinued items.