TM-10fav-postgraphic.jpg

Yep, we’ve seen our share of “ten best” lists, too. But trust us: this one’s a little different. Rather than just rounding up the the new tools last year and picking our favorites, we’ve taken a more Toolmonger approach. These tools are the tools we used the most in our shop during 2007. They’re the tools that we just couldn’t put away no matter how hard we tried.

Some of them are new, and some of them are older. Some of them are tools that we’ve reviewed in the past, and some of them are just tools that we dropped our hard-earned cash for because we needed (or wanted) ’em. But they all share one common thread: we used the ever-lovin’ crap out of ’em, and we can recommend them wholeheartedly.

You’ll also notice that the pictures we’ll post aren’t studio shots. They’re photos of the actual tools we used and beat to hell — dirt, scratches, and all.

We’ll post the list one tool at a time throughout this and follow on with a roundup once we’ve revealed all our selections. We look forward to hearing your opinions in comments.

6 Responses to Toolmonger’s 10 Favorite Tools, 2007 Edition

1. Zathrus says:

Hearing our what?

Wondering just how much of the post got chopped off there…

2. Zathrus says:

Oh, and are the podcasts coming back?

3. Chuck Cage says:

Apparently my dog ate the last sentence. It’s there now.

And yes, the podcasts are most definitely coming back. Look for a new one this week!

4. JasonY says:

Dremel! Dremel, Dremel, Dremel! There, Sean ought to be appeased.

My vote goes to my nailgun. Simple, effective, reliable. It’s not sexy, but I couldn’t have built any of the projects I’ve done this year without it. After my table saw and CMS, my pneumatic nailers are the first thing I reach for. As ubiquitous as a screwdriver and a lot more useful.

5. Mike lee says:

Dremel, Dremel, Dremel, It works so good that I brought a second one.

6. PutnamEco says:

Re:
    JasonY Says:
    My vote goes to my nailgun.
    =================================================
    Which nailgun???

I love my Hitachi nail guns. (NR83A2 framer, NT65MA2 15 Ga. finish,and NV 45AB roofer) although I do wish my NV65AH (siding) was a NV75AG.
    ———————————————————————————————————-
    Re:
    Dremel, Dremel, Dremel

Dremel or Multimaster? tough choice.
    ———————————————————————————————————–

Life is good, nailguns, compact impact drivers, titanium hammers,and lith.ion cordless tools.
    The only thing I can think of that would be better is robots, and I don’t think they are that far off.

As for favorites go, one of mine is the humble 5 in 1 painters tool, I find I use it for far too many things.