laserhandsaw.jpg

The twilight of modern man is upon us. Yes, Toolmongers, for just $20 you can have your very own laser-guided hand saw. How did you ever live without this? How could you go on living now that you’ve seen it and still don’t have one? Steal from the kids collage fund — shank someone if you must — but be sure not to miss this beauty.

Seriously — does someone honestly think this is a good idea? Of course now that I’ve tipped my hand and called it stupid, it’ll surely sell 10 million this holiday season. Personally, I’m holding out for a laser guided screwdriver.

Laser Guided Hand Saw [Collections Etc.]
Street Pricing [Google Products]

20 Responses to Wacky: A Laser Guided Hand Saw

1. Tom Venanzio says:

Hey, Im like every other guy, I love things with “lasers”. But, I agree with you, how could this work? You would think everytime you pushed and pulled the saw thru, the laser would move? Makes no sense to me.

2. > Steal from the kids collage fund

You’re stealing from some pretty young kids, there. I approve.

Other things that obviously need a laser on ’em:

* Pencils
    * Box cutters
    * Spraycans
    * Barbecue scrapers

3. Twenty bucks and the batteries aren’t included? Come on, I can buy a laser pointer for a dollar at the thrift store and tape it to a cheap hand saw for less than five bucks.

4. Bill says:

Well I’ll just have to cut and paste the ad I saw yesterday for the laser guided scissors, now there’s a must have tool.

5. WG says:

Don’t forget the dinner table! I’m waiting for a laser guided knife, fork, and spoon

6. Jim K. says:

Definitely a laser guided hammer. Then I’d know exactly when I’d smash my thumb trying to rush things in the shop.

7. Frank Townend says:

A product before its time.

1. Buy some sharks.
    2. Buy some Laser Guided Hand Saws.
    3. Remove the lasers from the hand saws.
    4. Mount the lasers on the sharks.

Then:

… sharks with frickin’ laser beams attached to their heads!…

8. stephen colbert says:

Frickin laser guided toothbrush…eh? You need it. All I need is to get that British guy that sells stuff on late night T.V. and bammm I’ll a millionaire. A great stocking stuffer….think about it….

9. Oops says:

Hey, the laser guided spray can isn’t a half bad idea; I always seem to have trouble aiming the things. Might save me from spraying myself – as much.

10. Jim says:

Now, lets think about this. I am sure there are many pool players here. At one end of the table put a ball against the rail, from the other end palce the cue ball. Now, take your shot just touching the ball and walking it along the rail into the pocket. Sounds easy, but how consistent are you? It is easy to hit the cue ball dead center, but it is the follow thru that cause the ball to miss its mark. If there was a laser at the fat end of the pool cue, and you aligned it with the point of impact and then correctly followed-thru, would your chance of success improve?? Now the laser guided saw. I am confident there are only a handful on this forum that could take a 10′ 2xX and cut off a 1/4″, 1/2″, 1″ strip from it. Both in width and squareness. Why? Maintaining the orientation of the blade. The concept of the laser guided saw is to maintain the orientation of the blade. By the user focusing on the impact point of the front of the blade and the laser, at the back of the blade, maintaining the focus on the cut line, the chance of making a cut along the intending line is increased. I am humored by the references to spray paint, BBQ scapers, box cutters, etc. But, these are just “about’. I use a saw to cut exact, not about. The concept has some merit, althought it would be more applicable to a full size handsaw. (Which, by the way many people do not own a quality handsaw nor are proficient at using one).

11. Brau says:

” I’m waiting for a laser guided knife, fork, and spoon”

RFLMAO! I’m gonna do that!

12. Bill says:

My 5 year old son could use some “laser” guidance when he uses the toilet.

13. Matthew says:

Re: the laser guided spray can:
    Great, now I can both spray myself and blind myself with a laser pointer at the same time!!!

14. Chet says:

I’m in for the laser guided beer bottle opener. I know around bottle number six it becomes somewhat of a struggle. Now if I had a laser guided opener I could easily see myself opening seven, eight and nine with no problem. After that???…well who cares!

15. Simon says:

what next? mice with lasers or something? Oh…

16. Rob says:

I’m not sure if anyone has noticed this but that laser is on what looks like a jab saw for drywall and if anyone does any drywall you know there is nothing accurate about drywall at ll

dry wall is all about just about or the aperance of straight

mud comes in buckets and tape is 2″ wide

this saying I heard from a dry waller at work indicates to me
    that there maybe a little play here and there

17. Robert says:

That laser guided pool cue sounds like a good idea – if the rules of the game allowed the use of temporary mirrors placed on the rails.

18. Rich says:

This is the ultimate. Saw it in store a few weeks ago.

19. DeadlyDad says:

> My 5 year old son could use some “laser” guidance when he uses the toilet.

You mean like a buckle-mounted laser guide? 😛