Jet Swet 6100

The Jet Swet system allows you to swet/solder on a copper line without draining the entire water system. (I really wish I’d heard about this before I re-routed all the copper lines in my basement.) Just insert the Jet Swet through the valve or pipe and compress the Jet Swet gasket to¬†instantly shut off the water. It’ll hold back up to 65 pounds of water pressure — plenty if you’re in an established neighborhood.¬†(Be careful if you’re in a new-build; they often boost the pressure in anticipation of the development filling up later.)

The 6100 kit comes with six tools in sizes 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1-1/4, 1-1/2, and 2″, all housed in a plastic carrying case. And Accent Shopping carries them right now for $225.

Jet Swet 6100 [Brenelle]
Jet Swet 6100 [Accent Shopping]
Street Pricing [Google Products]

14 Responses to Dealmonger: The Jet Swet Waterline Repair Tool For $225

1. jc says:

I don’t understand how this works. It would seem to be difficult to swet (sweat?) a T or straight-through connector in with this thing hanging out of it…

Someone care to enlighten the unenlightened?

–jc

2. Jason says:

I had to read the instructions a few times to figure it out. http://www.brenelle.com/index.php?type=example had what I needed to understand it. This is meant for replacing valves. Basically, it replaces the use of bread or other items to stop the trickle of water from coming through. Assuming you were going to replace the main house valve, you would first turn off the valve outside. It’s likely that this valve won’t close all the way. So, you cut off the house side of the inside valve, stick this thing through the valve, then open it up. This prevents the street water from dripping through, allowing the inside valve to be replaced. Once it’s in place, you remove the Jet Swet, close the inside valve, and you are ready to continue.

3. Fred says:

We use the Wassi Stopper –

This comes in a set too – but uses a flexible cable and ratcheting mechanism to expand the plug. This allows you to position the stopper around bends and to use it to sweat on elbows and then pull it out after the work is done.

There are also freeze stoppers that use compressed gas expanding through a valve to put a freeze plug in the line without the need to shut off the water supply. I have not tried these.

4. Fred says:

Here is a link for one of the commercial freeze units that use carbon dioxide.

The big commercial units for pipelines – use liquid nitrogen – but few of us have access to this – or a need to freeze 12 inch and larger pipe.

5. Dano says:

I wish I knew of products that stopped the trickle of water when I replaced a valve servicing my house over a year ago =( Found out later on they made little capsuls that you insert in the pipe and heat to burst after you are done.

6. David says:

The problem with any pipe plug as mentioned above is that one, as you stop the water from flowing you build up pressure in the line. This is a problem that is made worse since applying heat increases water pressure. Any plug capsul and or flex line tool has the same problem. The pocket of hot water can scald the user and or cause the plug to shoot out at the person using the tool.

Cobra Tech tools allow the user to solder and then bleed the line before removal of tool and reduce the pressure and the pocket of hot water. Add that the user can use the same tool to test line pressure as well as fill lines with air for new lines. It make everthing elese just a plug.

7. Bronson says:

The Jet Swet is perfect. I use them almost daily. It looks like the guy pushing Cobra tools hasn’t gone to brenelle.com lately. Brenelle has a line called the Flow-Thru’s. They have had them for quite some time, they outdate the Cobras, and whats more is that they’re built like friggin tanks. They have a large hole down the center that has a garden hose connection connected to the end of the handle, that way you can not only bleed the line during or before removal, but you can redirect the flow anywhere so that you don’t make a mess. I used a Cobra once after using a Jet Swet for 10 years, and I returned the Cobra the next day. Cobra’s are good if you are going to use it once or twice a year, Jet Swets are good if you’re actually a field plumber. I’m giving my voice on Jet Swets only because I have seen, and spent my hard earned money on all sorts of products like it from water gate, to cobra, and the jet swet, without a question is what I always go back to.

8. phil says:

will it work on a 1/2 x3/8 angle valve; the valve seat is smaller than the1/2 inch pipe? will this tool fit thru and expand to block any flow??

9. John says:

Boy I dont know what that Bronson Guy is talking about I used the cobra and was able to stop hot water in the heated pipe from burning me, plus the fact that I could stop the tool from shooting out at me just by loosing the bleeder nut thats a big plus especialy if your under a house or on any job site.

10. corey says:

I have rewritten this damn comment three times now. This page keeps refreshing. so I’m only going to do the short version. I own a set of each the cobras watergates as well as the jet swets. I was give the cobras and watergates from plumbers that were sluffing them off after finally gettign jet swets. I started with jet swets, but have tried the others.

Long story short. Buy Jet Swets the first time, and save some damn money. also, keep an eye on them, they tend to walk away.

11. Steve says:

I used the Cobra Tech tool the other day to test a gas line boy when you can use the same tool to test as well as solder it saved me some cash. and most of all time shoot when did you ever here of a tool that could do three things at the same time.

12. John says:

Bronson chill out .every one loves there tools I love bread but I am going to check out anything that will make my life easy.
    Jet Swet, Cobra Tech it dont matter Ill let you know after I buy a set.

13. John says:

Just to let you know I used a cobra tech tool to air test an abs line it was sweet.

14. Dave says:

Don’t know why anyone would try to solder any plumbing part if there is still the possibility of water pressure building up somewhere. I’ve used the Wassi and found it perfect, once soldering on an elbow, then a tee and another elbow placing all three and a couple of short pieces of tubing on the cable before even firing up the torch. Once the soldering was done I just released the expanded plug and pulled the cable out in one easy pull. Don’t know why a plumber would even want to use the jet sweat since it doesn’t go around corners. Everything has to be in a straight line in order for it to work. Don’t know if the Wassi is available anymore but two of them in a tool box is a sure way to make installation of a hot water heater easier.