bsw-cat-header.jpg

Stanley was kind enough to join us at Maker Faire last weekend to kick off Break S#!$ Week in style — by building an 8′ x 8′ shed, then tearing it down in four minutes flat with Stanley’s not-yet-on-the-market FuBar III.

Look for a hands-on later this week, but in the meantime we can tell you this about the FuBar III: it’s bigger, meaner, and far badder-ass than the original Fubar, and it’s the tool you want in your hand if you’re trying to open a door SWAT-style, knock a wall down to get out of a burning building, or just demolish a building to make way for new stuff. The original Fubar rocks. The FuBar III rocks harder.

And don’t miss the above video in which me and Sean from Toolmonger and Jimmy Addison from Stanley break s#!$ in style.

The FuBar III [Stanley Tools]

9 Responses to Breaking S#!$: Bringing Down The House With The FuBar III

1. Eric Dykstra says:

at what point did you pile up the remains and set them on fire?

2. Wow, that looks awesome! The Fubar III is joining the Skeletool on my MUST HAVE holiday wishlist.

3. Eric Dykstra says:

hey chuck,

I’ve heard from a couple people that the Austin Maker Faire was kinda lame compared to the SF one. What did you think?

4. KMR says:

You could have accomplished the same task, with two less people, in around the same time (about five minutes) with a good reciprocating saw and a demolition blade…

This just looks like a lot of wasted labor, this is why we have power tools!

5. Bill says:

When I was still a line firefighter on a truck company I would have definitely picked one up to try out! Looks to be much more useful to carry into a burning building than a maul, though my real preference would still be a good set of irons. Of course now that I’m no longer on the line doesn’t mean I won’t run out and buy on for myself, I just won’t be able to justify it as easily.

6. Chuck Cage says:

KMR: It also would’ve been easier to go inside and kick the panels out — if you didn’t get knocked in the head with a stud. (See me near-miss Sean with one at about the 2:56 point.)

That said, though, I’m not sure the recip would be faster. You’d still have to get the paneling off before you could cut out studs — and after the practice I got knocking this thing down, I bet I could remove studs faster with the FuBar.

Either way it’s still a lot of fun. 🙂

7. Maffiou says:

I’m surprised you’re all walking away without any injuries…

Three big guys with axes in such a small amount of space… Something bad was bound to happen…

8. Nick says:

Are you going to post the video of me and someone else racing through the walls with the Fubar? I’m really looking forward to showing that to my friends.

9. Chuck Cage says:

Nick: Yep. It’s coming out later this week.