iRobot Looj 120 Gutter Cleaning Robot

Tired of cleaning the muck from your gutters? iRobot claims their Looj 120 robot makes the job a lot less painful. The Looj is waterproof up to one foot and will clean standard K-Style gutters with a 500-rpm 3-stage auger system that breaks up clogs, lifts out debris and brushes the gutter clean. And it’s on sale right now for $100.

The gutter robot clips onto your belt — so you can climb up the ladder using both hands to save creating a TM Doh! moment — then operates via remote control so yuo can run it forward and backward to clean the gutters.

The iRobot Looj 280 is available on the iRobot website for $100 with a 30 day money back trial — which is good, ’cause if it gets stuck as often as the Dirt Dog, you might need that trial paperwork.

Looj 280 Gutter Cleaner. [iRobot]
Street Pricing [Google Products]

10 Responses to Dealmonger: iRobot’s Looj 120 Gutter Cleaning Robot For $100

1. Kurt says:

It’s got tank treads and Sean wasn’t the first to post this? I think Sean’s slipping.

2. Randy says:

This actually looks pretty cool. I’m not a big fan of climbing all over my roof to clean the gutters every year, even though some spots are pretty flat. Looks like it might fling part of the junk back on to the roof, to be washed into the gutter again next time it rains. I’d have to see how well it works before I bought one.

3. Fred says:

What a country. People keep inventing cool things I never knew I needed.

4. elmegil says:

I was thinking this looked pretty nifty, but then I realized–I have a two story house in the city, and my gutters are broken up into several sections (basically four along the sides at the top, plus three connected sections around the living room, and a smaller three similarly around the vestibule). I already have a Gutter Grabber which screws onto the end of an extensible pole, so I usually go up and down only once per section, so this toy wouldn’t save me very much ladder time at all. And that’s assuming it works flawlessly….

5. Piett says:

I heard about this a bit back. At first I thought it was really good and that the price was low too. Thinking about it further I am less enthusiastic. My concern is the batteries. I only clean my gutters once a year. Year 1 would be fine but by year 2 I bet the batteries will not have been charged since and will be very much dead.

6. Piett says:

One more thing. Lots of my roof tiles overhang the gutter too much so it is hard to even reach a hand in. I imagine getting the Looj in would be even worse.

7. Brau says:

Very cool indeed! Too bad I just bought gutter covers that cost less and mean I will never have to clean them – ever. But it is very cool, almost makes me want one.

8. Nordmann says:

This is a lot to pay for something that gets used once a year. And like Piett said the batteries aren’t going to like be used once a year either.

My parents have a shotgun house that this would work great on, 1 really long piece of gutter on each side. This might be a Christmas present anyways.

9. der5er says:

Just a note to those whose shingles hang over the gutter–Looj won’t clean your gutters. I’ve just written a full review of the Looj, from unboxing to attempted destruction at my website. Notice that in their video and the above picture the shingles don’t extend at all over the gutter. Mine do, and I’m sure most others do as well.

10. erik says:

I was wondering what the voltage was on the gutter cleaner. I know voltage her in america is 110 v. But I would like to ship the gutter cleaner to europe. I was wondering if someone could tell me if the gutter cleaner would operate with a voltage of 240 v.