Classic Accessories Lawnmower Cover

For those of us who live in the northern climates, winter is fast approaching and so is the time to think about putting the lawnmower away for the season. But (since your Toolmonger activities don’t cease for winter) throwing your lawnmower back in the corner of the garage will expose it to sawdust, metal, and plastic shavings and other debris you generate. That’s why you need a lawnmower cover, like this one from Classic Accessories.

It’ll protect your mowing investment from dust, and its heavy-duty water-resistant fabric will protect it against rain, bird droppings, and tree sap if you’re forced to leave it outdoors.

Measuring 75 x 27 x 23 inches, it can cover both the mower and an attached grass catcher. And the cover won’t shrink or stretch, fitting your mower season after season. An elastic bottom and the “click-it” closure on back make installation and removal easy. When it’s not being used, the lawnmower cover stores easily in its integrated stuff sack.

Like the Model T, it’s available in any color you want so long as it’s black, and you can pick up a Classic Accessories lawnmower cover for as little as $22.

Lawn Mower Cover [Manufacturer]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s this?]

8 Responses to Protect Your Lawn-Mowing Investment

1. McAngryPants says:

Bah! I’ll stick to using a camo (harbor freight) tarp and 4 small spring clamps. Camo baby…it’s all about hiding your lawnmower in plain sight.

2. eschoendorff says:

You can’t be serious…. a lawnmower cover? Sheesh.

3. eschoendorff:
    Some people like to keep their things nice, or at least try to anyway. I know people who cover just about everything they own. There is nothing wrong with that.

I covered my grill once until a wicked powerful storm tore the cover right off the grill. I pretty much gave up on covers that day. That doesn’t mean I’m blind to things other people might like.

McAngryPants:
    Nice handle.

4. Bill says:

Covering’s fine but my biggest problem with storing mower and other small engine devices is mouse nests inside the shrouding.

5. Bren R. says:

I have two fairly inexpensive BBQ covers that I use to cover the tiller and either the snowblower or lawnmower depending on season, they’re not tailored to fit the machines, but they cover to within an inch or two of the ground keeping dust and sawdust out of them while they’re in storage.

6. DaveD says:

Do you really need to worry about dust and stuff getting on your mower over the winter if stored in a garage? I mean, it gets grass clippings and dust on it from regular use, right? Is this more of a cosmetic issue, wanting to keep the mower looking new?
    I’ve only owned my house for about a year or so and stored the lawnmower one winter uncovered in the garage. Just curious because while I didn’t buy a super expensive one (a cheap MTD from Home Depot) I don’t want to have to buy another one sooner than necessary.

7. Zathrus says:

Depends on climate I suppose. I know my father stored our lawnmower for years outdoors under the deck, summer and winter, none the worse for wear. That’s in the southeast, with pretty mild winters, so YMMV.

8. Teacher says:

My dad has stored his mowers outside for years. he slides the deck and engine under an old awning and puts a garbage bag over the handle. Never any problems. My mower gets stored in my garage and is left uncovered. It’s going on six years old and still usually starts on the first pull.