Bob Vila 104-piece Deluxe Drill Accessory

Over on the Home Shopping Network website you’ll find this Bob Vila 104-piece deluxe drill accessory set for $29.90. It includes 20 HSS twist drill bits, five masonry bits, six brad point bits, five spade bits, four HSS hex shank twist bits, ten double ended bits, three grinding wheels with shank, four hole saws and an adapter, four stopper bits, twelve one-inch slotted driver bits, nine 2″ slotted bits, one HSS saw bit, eight power nut drivers, six one-inch sand bands and band adapter, a hex key, a quick-release bit holder, a nail punch, and a counter sink. (And a partridge in a pear tree. Or not.)

Everything’s housed in a clear-front plastic case and the set includes a lifetime limited warranty. We assume the “limited” part will cover pretty much all breakage. Hey — what do you expect for $30?

Bob Vila Tools [Bob Vila]
Bob Vila Drill Bit [Home Shopping Network]

8 Responses to Dealmonger: Bob Vila’s 104-Piece Deluxe Drill Accessory Set For $30

1. Mark says:

These tools are junk. I bought an almost identical set from Costco about a year ago when all my good tools were packed up during a move. The only difference is the case was green and black instead of orange and blue and it had a different name on it. Nearly every screwdriver bit broke within minutes, sometimes on the first try. The HSS drill bits are suitable for plastic only, consider them one-hole-only if you drill any metal with them. The wood boring bits did actually work well for me, though they are kind of short.
    You do get a lot of tools for cheap, and some are useful. But it’s just not worth it when most break right away in the middle of a project and you have to stop what you’re doing and go buy a proper replacement.
    I remember thinking when saw the gimmicky titanium coated spade bits that this set was probably a joke and wouldn’t last long. I need to trust my instincts more.

2. Will says:

I also got this same set at Costco. Most of the oddball bits have held up ok for occasional use around the house. A few of the thinner drill bits broke though. I think I paid ~$25, and Costco still has this set or one just like it.

3. Ken says:

Looks like that cheap,cheap chinese junk with the lead paint.

SUPPORT AMERICAN WORKERS BUY AMERICAN

4. George says:

support american workers? i do buy american tools but.. support american when… they strike because 30$ an hour isnt enough.. i have to pay more for my truck because some union worker put his stamp on it? union iron wortkers that do the same as i do but call me a “scab” when i pay for their months off. please.

5. Ken says:

George least you forget it is also the management of the company that made your truck that have exorbitant salaries and benefits.Tell me what makes the executives of these companies worth millions in salary,benefits,pensions,stock options and deferred compensation.Do you make that much George? George sounds angry possible because he is not a union iron worker just a SCAB.

6. George says:

i was a union iron worker and felt wrong stealing money. and no ceo is worth 30 million a year

7. Ken says:

George Have a nice day.

8. http://sale.hsn.com/bob-vila-104-piece-deluxe-drill-accessory-set-and-carry-case_p-2498555_xp.aspx

The price is now $9.90, with an additional $2.50 in shipping.

$12.40 for the whole shebang? That’s not half bad for an emergency kit.