glovegiveaway1.jpg
post-mallet.jpg

Look around Sean’s wood shop and you’ll find dozens of items made from scrap wood. His motto: “Why buy s#!$ when you can make it from scrap?” Of course, Sean’s definition of “scrap” varies a bit from most people’s, which is why you’ll see him, for example, moving furniture on a solid-oak furniture dolly.

So how could we not send long-time TM reader and photo pool member jdwires a pair of gloves for posting this kick-ass wooden mallet he made from “scrap” maple he had “laying around the shop.” That’s just be wrong.

So thanks for the inspiration, and enjoy your (free) gloves.

Toolmonger’s Photo Pool [Flickr]

7 Responses to Glove Winner: DIY Wooden Mallet

1. John says:

Many a stone troll has fallen before the might of Mjolnr!

2. Fred says:

Thor’s mallet? Yeah, that works!

3. Joel Wires says:

Thanks for the gloves guys. I’m looking forward to using them. This one had some rough spots on it still, but it’ll be great for beating joints together and chiseling stuff. I’m hoping to make a bigger one that I could drive a fence post in with. 😉 Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

4. Jamey says:

But why can’t he make himself some gloves out of scrap lying around? Just kidding. 🙂

I often find tools like this to be extremely useful for small, specialized fragile projects as well. I love heavy duty stuff as much as the next guy but often times it’s hard to find precision/small tools on the cheap, where diy can really shine though.

5. Joel Wires says:

The other great thing about a wooden mallet is it is non-marring. I hate the rubber mallets that leave the black marks all over that have to be sanded off.

6. Frank says:

For wooden mallet, I think heavy wooden mallet shall be better. We make these used beech, pear, Sandal wood and so on. The quality shall be good. I like heavy wooden mallet. It works very good. Of course, it is not the same as very small wooden mallets for Children game. For music implements, wooden mallets are small also. Very beautiful

7. Frank says:

We make many wooden mallets every year, including wooden mallets tools, wooden mallets game and so on.