Jet jointing clamps

Jet’s stainless steel spring-style jointing clamps hold butt joints and right-angle joints together simply and quickly and will handle material up to 3/4″ thick. A fiber filled composite material holds the stainless steel springs at a right angles to each other, so they require no adjusting or tightening — just slip the wood between the springs and the pieces are automatically aligned at right angles.

They’re sold in pairs for as little as $18.

Jointing Clamps [Manufacturer]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s this?]

6 Responses to The Easy Way To Perfectly Align Joints

1. Dano says:

I’m picking up a few of these up. We have to assemble a few bookcases a week like the one picked at our furniture store.

2. Mopardude says:

These are great! I have a pair of these and I wish I had a few more!

3. Eli says:

Another easy way is with a Domino!

4. Tooldork says:

I just cut two 3/4″ or 1/2″ grooves intersecting on a piece of MDF to secure the base. You can cut multiple jigs for much less.

5. TL says:

I’ve got a pair and give them a hearty thumbs up. My complaint is that the little plastic spacers (square things in the picture) are easy to lose.

6. Jason says:

I love these — but the first time I used mine, the plastic piece on top (the piece you can see in the picture above with the three screws driven through it) flexed enough to cause a crack in it. It looks like either a manufacturing issue or just that the metal had enough strength, when holding a piece of wood, to flex back and cause that plastic bit to crack. I’ve called Jet, and they’re going to replace them (they say this shouldn’t happen) — we’ll see what happens with the replacements.