post-tongstuff.jpg

Grilling is easier when you can get a grip on the food, and this combination flipper and tongs set is truly more useful than the sum of its parts. The flipper blade slides under burgers more easily than the end of regular tongs, and the top tong holds securely for easy flipping and serving. Rubber-dipped handles make ’em comfy, and at four bucks there’s no excuse not to own a set.

Rome Supertong Combo [Campmor]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s this?]

7 Responses to Spatula-Tong Combination BBQ Tool

1. Flippin'n'grippin' says:

In the proud tradition of utensil mashups, like the venerable spork, shouldn’t this be called a “Spong?” It sounds a little awkward to say “Spatongs” (I bet you’re saying it out loud right now), which sounds like a tool for retreiving cast-off bathing suits from jacuzzis, but the plural might be more technically accurate. Then again, it’s just a barbecue tool and I should relax.

2. Kurt Schwind says:

“Spatong”. I like the sound of that. I’m surprised it’s not already the name of some alternative band.

3. Mike says:

spatulas ares supposed to be thin and flexible for getting under the meat, these arent. Also do you really need tongs if you have a spatula underneath? I threw mine away

4. bowdesnki says:

Although many versions of this have been sold, they differ markedly in function based on the length of the two ends. This one is less than optimal, a pain to use as tongs. Envision buying a set of tongs of DIFFERENT LENGTHS, such as pictured here.

5. You’re right, they suck for serving salad. 😉 Picking up hotdogs is a little dicey, but they absolutely rock at flipping burgers on a densely-packed grill. I’m always eager to hear about improved tools, got a link to some equal-length spatongs?

6. Nina says:

Where do I get these?

7. jOHN says:

I have lots of expensive BBQ tools, but these are the most versitle of the bunch. Great for steaks chicken and burgers. Once you get the hang of ’em, even hot dogs!