post-f150stock.jpg

I posted this a few days ago over on FullOnCustom, but apparently the car guys aren’t into work trucks. Here’s the deal: the exhaust system on my F150 — yep, the one in which we replaced the heater core a while back — is fine, but the chrome tips someone installed before I got it are so rusted through that they’re about to fall off. I’m happy with the exhaust system, so I just want to have some new tips tacked on.

What should I expect to pay for them, and do any of you have recommendations as to sources? Let me know, if you would, in comments — here or on FullOnCustom.

Note: Yeah, that’s a stock photo. My F150 is a ’97 three-door with a camper shell — like I said, a work truck.

Reader Question: What Exhaust Tips For an F150 Work Truck? [FullOnCustom]

9 Responses to Reader Question: Help Me Find Exhaust Tips For My F150

1. Jim K. says:

Personally I’ve never bothered with tips on my truck. Straight through pipes are just fine. I have had them on a few of my other rides though. First thing I learned was to stay away from anything that wasn’t stainless. The other chrome stuff while cheaper just rusts out too fast. That said, there are a million options out there for stainless tips from all of the major manufacturers (Borla, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc.). Prices seem to range from about $30 to $85 or so depending on size, name brand, and look.

2. PeterP says:

Screw that. You should put some big-rig style stacks on it. That and the big horn over on Fulloncustom and you’ve got yourself a Truck, 😉

3. jeff says:

What’s the diameter of the pipe? How big of a tip do you want?

4. F451 says:

Try these guys:

I’ve met with them, and like their shop, and their attitude. Family owned and operated: father and two sons; racing background.

5. Justin says:

I’ve always said stock sucks. The Magnaflow dual exhaust on my 2000 F150 was the best mod I did. I found somplace to order it for like $400… it was easy to install too except when I was cutting off the old pipes and had to go to the ER to get the shards out of my eye.
    Got a free paid of safety glasses to give away too?

6. Blind says:

Tips are silly. Just pull the old tip off and let the pipe itself stick out.

7. fish says:

is fulloncustom affiliated with toolmonger because ive been a toolmonger fan but just went onto fulloncustom. the layout and everything is the same except hot or not on there page is fly or why?. just wondering.

8. Zathrus says:

fish, if you scroll to the bottom of both pages you’ll see that they’re both owned by PostLab Media, LLC.