Stihl's Cutquik TS800

Not much will stop Stihl’s top-of-the-line cut-off saw, the Cutquik TS800. With a 6.7 hp gas engine and a 16″ cutting wheel, it’ll chew through six inches of stone, masonry, steel reinforced concrete, or a Jersey barrier on I35 — probably. Encased in a lightweight polymer housing, it weighs just 28lbs. By incorporating vibration control into a well balanced design, Stihl reduces operator fatigue and makes the TS800 handle like a smaller saw.

The TS800 features a reversible cutting arm to help make cuts closer to a wall or to the ground. A heavy duty air filtration system and a high performance cooling system lets the TS800 cut longer, and you can purchase an optional water kit to reduce dust.

It’s perfect for removing a section of basement wall for that egress window, or cutting up the street to access your utilities. If all this cutting horsepower has got you drooling — and you’ve got a spare $1,300 — you can have one. If not, there’s a fair chance you can find one at your local rental center.

The Cutquik TS800 [Stihl]

6 Responses to Between A Rock And A Hard Place: The Cutquik TS800

1. Evan N. says:

Anybody remember the TV show Emergency! with Fireman Gage and DeSoto? Nearly every episode someone would be trapped and it was “let’s get out the K12 saw.” This is the ultimate “K12” saw (rotary type saw the fireman use).

2. Mark says:

I have never used a “cutquick” (K12) but I have used chainsaws. I would never buy anything but a Stihl. You can feel and hear the difference.

3. Tim says:

Emergency! was a cool show! I used something like this to remove a section of concrete walk with a diamond blade, very cool.

4. PutnamEco says:

How bout a chainsaw for concrete

5. Benjamen Johnson says:

PutnamEco,

You Win! I thought the Cutquik was cool, The concrete chainsaw is way cooler. But I wonder how fast it is compared to the Cutquik. I’d be interested in a head to head contest, now that would be a kick-ass hands on.

6. PutnamEco says:

Re:
    But I wonder how fast it is compared to the Cutquik.
    ————————————————————————–
    It cuts slower, but it can cut a lot deeper, like through a concrete block wall in one pass, where as with the demo saw you would be cutting on both sides of that block wall, to go all the way through. so in some instances, it gets the job done quicker.