Remember old-school Toolmonger that was all young, dumb and full of… vigor? So do we. Check out what we were discussing a year ago this week:
- A friend of ours owned up to once conceiving the brilliant idea of cleaning his pilot-light-equipped cooktop with WD-40. Doh!
- We suggested that you buy an ice scraper for your car now instead of waiting ’till the first freeze hits and you suffer the wrath of Ace Hardware’s patented old guys when you stop in to get one of their specially-marked-up (and sold-out) specials. And for the record, credit cards are for buying an ice scraper, not using as one.
- We showed you how to install standard-style rear-exit handles in your GM truck. They’re way better than the near-the-corner factory models, and it’s not that difficult an install.
- I pined over my dad’s Troy-Bilt Horse. Guess what? I have it now, and I live on a postage stamp-sized lot. Live in Texas and wanna buy it? Contact me.
- And we laid hands on GearWrench’s XL Pass-Thru ratchet set, which quickly became one of our favorites. It still is. We just can’t put it away.
Of course, you don’t have to wait for us to call out these great old posts. Try plugging your areas of interest into TM’s search engine to turn up hours of old-school TM fun. See you next week.