glovegiveaway.jpgpost-patioslate.jpg

As we continue giving away gloves to some of the Toolmongers who’ve posted their latest projects, let me call your attention to our next winner: TM reader and photo pool member bmcmullen77, who’s almost done with this incredible slate installation job.

This post particularly inspired me, as I’ve been thinking about installing some Pavestone in my back yard for a while. I’m really tired of trudging through grass to get from my porch to my driveway, but I’ve been putting it off. If he can install something this nice, I should totally be able to get off my ass and do some Pavestone.

Anyway, great job on the slate, and we’ll send you a set of work glove which will hopefully protect your hands during your next project.

And keep posting the great projects and shop photos! We’ll continue giving away gloves every so often until we run out — which might take a while.

Toolmonger’s Photo Pool [Flickr]

7 Responses to Glove Winner: Awesome Back-Patio Slate Job

1. PutnamEco says:

Thats one sweet looking job, hope to see the finished project.

2. John Eisenhower says:

Hopefully the toolmongoid who created this masterpiece answer a quick question. Where or how did you get such a variety of colors of slate?

3. Sean O'Hara says:

Just a note to glove winners from your friends at Toolmonger… check your Flickr email accounts for your instructions on how to get your gloves!

4. bmcmullen77 says:

The 12×12 slate pieces i got from Home Depot. I just bought a bunch from one crate and mixed up the boxes so it worked out that they were a nice variety. The 1×2 pinwheel pieces came from Lowe’s. And thanks for the comments. I will post the finished picture by this weekend. Just have to finish grouting and put some enhancer/sealer on it.

5. PaulS. says:

When you do a job that looks as good as this, it makes other parts of your house jealous. Now you’ll have to replace the wood deck in the background. Don’t you just hate it when that happens? 🙂

6. bmcmullen77 says:

yeah, don’t I know it. That will be one of the future projects as well. got a couple indoor jobs i want to start first though. btw the completed pic is posted now for those that are interested.

7. Kami says:

That slate patio looks unbelievable! Good job installing that!