Nexcare Duct Tape Bandage

Remember how Sean described his superglue weakness?¬†Mine’s duct tape. I’ve even used it as a bandage in a pinch, but here’s a product that makes my temp solution legit: Nexcare Duct Tape Bandages. Now you can cover up that boo-boo while still looking like the the tough guy (or righteous babe) you are.

Just like there’s nothing sadder than an adult with an Elmo bandage, there’s nothing cooler than bandages made with real 3M duct tape!¬†(Nexcare is a division of 3M.) They do, however, feature sterile medical grade adhesive. It’ll still still rip the hair off your arm, but at least it won’t leave the standard duct tape residue.

They also come sized a little larger than normal for work-sized wounds. A package of ten come in a resealable toolbox-friendly package and can be had for about $4. Better get some before we buy ’em all.

Duct Tape Bandages [3M]
Street Price [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s this?]

9 Responses to Bandages Made From Real Duct Tape

1. F451 says:

Anything 3M is worth buying. A true American company that’s world-class! I’ll be picking some of these up for the shop.

2. PutnamEco says:

Elmo band aids are lame, everyone knows spiderman band aids are the cool ones.

Actually I’ve been having pretty good luck with band aids active-flex line. Water proof and very flexible. Almost last through a day of work.

I’ll have to give the duct tape ones a go. Wonder how much grief I’ll get for walking around like a refugee from the Red Green show.

3. Charlie says:

I was walking down the aisle one day at Menards, saw those out of the corner of my eye, and bought a box immediately.

4. Adam says:

Or you could just use…duct tape! and then you’re not giving someone $4 to pre-tear 6 cents worth of duct tape into little strips. Picky folks can sneak a standard band-aid under there first…

I mean goodness the stuff is expensive enough as it is, this is really taking us for a ride.

I’m with you F451, 3M is a class act and deserves to supported, I’ll just pass on this one. Don’t mean to be hostile, I just get riled up at some of these new tricks.

5. Lee Gibson says:

Adam, did you miss the part where it only LOOKS like duct tape and is actually a sterile adhesive?

Me, I think a duct tape band aid is at least as silly as Elmo. I have, however, had good luck with the active flex type.

(unfortunately, not available in Spider Man…)

6. Simon says:

I had some prototypes of these a few years back – they are definitely conversation starters. Even “cool” guys will wear these.

7. Eric Dykstra says:

There’s no doubt that these are silly, a total impulse buy. That being said I’d totally buy some.

I used to work in a pizza kitchen and one night I took a spill and opened up my knee. Like, look inside and see stuff open. My boss taped me back together and sent me on my way to the E.R. Good times.

8. Kif says:

I have heard that if you have warts, real duct tape can be the answer. (?) I wish I had seen this before I went to the dermatologist: http://www.healthcaresouth.com/pages/ducttape.htm