Remember old-school Toolmonger that was all young, dumb and full of… vigor? So do we. Check out what we were discussing a year ago this week:
- We ran across Bosch’s “Dimpler,” a drywall screw setter that attaches to pretty much any power driver, leaving screws at their perfect depth every time.
- We posted an early “Doh!” in which a reader tells us he ran over his dog with a belt sander. Thankfully, the dog was OK — but doesn’t hang around the shop any more. Maybe we should bring back “Doh!” posts; if you have any funny shop stories, drop us a line. We’ll change the names to protect the foolish — we promise.
- We showed you how to build a dart board surround to save your wall/apartment deposit/marriage. Sean’s step-by-step instructions with lots of pictures make this a cheap and easy solution.
- Festool’s odd-shaped, yet popular C12 cordless drill caught our attention. Maybe we’ll be able to actually try one out now that Rockler’s carrying Festool.
- Readers cracked on our recommendation to use soaker hoses to prevent foundation cracks in dry weather, but having seen the results personally here in Texas, we stand by the tip.
- Everyone loved USAG’s uber-rolling-cabinet, though we’ve yet to see it offered for a reasonable price in the US a year later.
- We drooled on Snap-on’s adjustable crowfoot wrenches — exactly the kind of specialty tool for which even hobbyists would trek to the truck.
- Starting the Christmas season early, we mentioned a tree stand based on locking pliers.
- And we touted a great way to fix damaged radiator fins: a fin straightener.
Of course, you don’t have to wait for us to call out these great old posts. Try plugging your areas of interest into TM’s search engine to turn up hours of old-school TM fun. See you next week.