cheapclamp.jpg

We’ll say it again: you can’t own too many clamps.  That’s why I’m tempted to throw a twenty down just to see how many of these sub-$2 6″ bar clamps actually arrive and how long they last.  Even if you only get one use out of each clamp it’s almost worth the money.

Yeah, these F-clamps are what 50s commercials referred to as “Brand-X” (read: made in China).  But hey — even if they used lead-based paint, you know better than to suck on them, right?  It’s good to be an adult.

6″ Bar Clamp [National Wholesale Tools]

8 Responses to Cheap-Ass Tools: 6″ Bar Clamps For Under $2

1. nrChris says:

According to my calculations, You’ll get 11.36 of these clamps if you throw down a twenty. Not including shipping. Now, as for how they’ll last, I would like to hear how that works out.

I have a clamp problem. I can’t stop buying them. It may be bordering on a clamp fetish…

2. Joel Wires says:

If you get $20 worth, better plunk down another $20 for shipping. 🙁 Me likes clamps… Me no like shipping costs…

3. TL says:

Harbor Freight has a set of two 12″ bar clamps for $6. And I can get those without paying shipping.

4. Rick says:

As the father of a 16 month old whose toys have been part of the recent recalls for lead paint…..

.. That was funny 🙂 It IS good to be an adult.

5. Mark Bickford says:

But the black part tastes SO good…

6. Fernando Vigil says:

10 of these clamps = over $40 once you add in shipping and handling charges.

I’ll hit Harbor Freight.

Fernando

7. JamesBrauer66 says:

Harbor Freight? I’ll go to Woodcraft or Sears and get the good stuff . . . oh wait, they sell the same Chinese stuff and just charge more for it.

8. j pender says:

got mine in the bargain bin at the auto, parts store. even had plastic caps to prevent marring. $1.99. Yeah china.