Craftsman 19.2 volt Combo Kit

Sears is listing their 6-piece 19.2V  combo kit for $160.  The kit includes a 1/2″ 2-speed drill/driver, a 5-1/2″ trim saw, a 4-position orbital-motion jigsaw, an orbital sander, a bagless hand vacuum, and a fluorescent light.  You also geat a tool bag, changer, and two 19.2V NiCd batteries.  I already own the drill from this line, which is in constant use during my house renovations and has performed fantastically — and stood up to the, erm, significant abuse I put my tools through.

Craftsman 19.2V Combo Kit #11514 [Sears]

11 Responses to Dealmonger: Craftsman 19.2V Combo Kit For $160

1. Rick says:

Damn, if I had the spare coin, and I knew I’d be using it on a new house in the next few months, I’d jump on this. But I’m thinking I may just wait until I need them – there may be better tech on the market then (complete Li-Ion line?)

2. Chuck Cage says:

Sears has a li-ion line now, and it’s quite inexpensive. But it’ll be interesting seeing how it competes with Ridgid’s new 18V li-ion line, especially when the Ridgid line gets all fleshed out with a variety of tools — plus that warranty.

3. kythri says:

Not a bad deal for the Craftsman-branded Ryobi tools…

I love those UV lights, much more than the Ryobi flashlight deal, but:

$40 more, and you get the reciprocating-saw – plus, the Ryobi line has a lot more options than the Craftsman line does (like the 18V Angle Grinder, and more).

By all means, since they’re the same tools, the Craftsman is quality stuff, but you can get so much more for the money by buying the Ryobi stuffs.

4. Chris Byrne says:

I bought the similar kit, which has the light, the trim saw, and the drill from above; but adds the impact driver and the recip saw as well.

I’ve put it to very good use, and I’m very happy with it.

5. DaleC says:

My personal opinoin is that compared to my five year old Craftsman professional series 18v kit, this new stuff is junk. I bought a new set instead of replacing the batteries in my previously mentioned set and ended up returning it because in comparison, it was flimsy. I now own the Black and Decker Firestorm branded cordless kit and am much happier.
    The quick release/change head on the B&D drill is worth the switch. It may not be as stout as it’s more expensive Dewalt Big brother, but I think the B&D stuff is better quality than Ryobi…

6. Michael W. says:

I like the drills (I have two and an impact driver), but didn’t care much for the trim saw (it died with much squealing and smoke), or the light (worked fine until I needed it for the first time last month.

7. Bill says:

I want a 19.2V cordless trimmer-edger added to the fleet.

8. David Culberson says:

There is a Homelite (owned by Ryobi) 18v cordless string trimmer. I bought one but with my big yard it’s just basically a toy. I ended up sticking to the stinky noisy gas trimmer.

9. Tim says:

I’ve had the Ryobi 18V tools for 6 years. I did destroy the recip saw (after cutting out the galvanized steel plumbing from my house it just was never the same. Too many metal shavings and water got in it) but I’ve been happy with them so far. New saw wasn’t too expensive and lots of cool options without having to buy more batteries and chargers.

10. Curt says:

I’ve got a 19.2v Craftsman, its a good drill. I wish this kit got rid of the nearly useless flashlight and dustbuster and put in the impact wrench. Then it’d be a good kit.

11. Bob says: