Remember old-school Toolmonger that was all young, dumb and full of… vigor? So do we. Check out what we were discussing a year ago this week:
- We were still chowin’ down on multiple episodes of Pimp My Ride and Overhaulin’. While Overhaulin’ never seems to get old, some of the bling has rubbed off ‘Ride over the years. Plenty of love to Mad Mike and crew, but it’s the truth.
- Sean directed our attention to a tile installation combo kit he found for $80 at the ‘Depot. With a portable tile saw and a number of layout tools in the same box, it looked like an easy way to jumpstart a home tile project.
- We laid our hands on Skil’s iXO, the predecessor to their identical-looking but much improved iXO2.
- A reader tipped us off to a sweet (and free!) online pipe joint template creator, which we’ve used a few times since.
- Who doesn’t like Bissemeyer’s table saw fences? We found one for your “contractor” saw, too.
- What’s better than the original Biker Build-Off? A ‘Build-Off where the competitors are forced to actually ride the bikes to the event. Sean lauded sponsor S-K’s decision to make the builders suffer their own creations, kidding about the concept of Billy Lane on the side of the road with a toolkit like the rest of us. Guess what? It happened only a few weeks later — with fire, no less!
There’s a lot more in the TM archives, gems waiting for you to dig them up. Need to kill some time at work? Try our search engine. Or you can always wait for next week’s “look back” installment.