post-dewaltvac.jpg

TM reader Trucker Joe writes: “DeWalt’s vac runs on 18V battery packs or 110V AC.  I bought this unit because I needed a compact vacuum to clean inside of my truck cab/sleeper.  As a driver, finding time — especially time with AC power available — can be an issue.  And the 12V-plug vacuums from truckstops leave MUCH to be desired.  Cleaning the interior of the truck uses up two battery packs within about 25 minutes; the cab size is equal to interior of large SUV.  Suction is very good.  The option of 18V or 110 allows flexibility on the road or at home.  The cost of unit at Home Depot was about $100, and it comes without battery or charger.  But I have 3 batteries from other DeWalt tools so that’s no problem for me.”

Heavy-Duty 2-Gallon Cordless or Corded Wet/Dry Vac [DeWalt]
Street Pricing [Google Products]
Via Amazon [What’s this?]

7 Responses to Reader Favorites: DeWalt’s Two-Gallon Wet/Dry Vac

1. joel says:

I’ve got their 1/2 gallon wet/dry vac (http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=10654) which is great for little stuff but might get tiring for lengthy jobs. I think it was $100 at Lowe’s with a battery and charger.

2. Leslie Vincent says:

We have a 24v cordless 2.5gal Shop Vac brand, and it’s great. There’s no question that it’s not remotely as powerful as our full-size wet/dry vac, and the charge will last 20 minutes on a good day, but it’s been invaluable to own for when the regular wet/dry vac is too big, the home vacuum is not appropriate, and cordless is a benefit or requirement. If this were a “hot or not” post on cordless mini-wet/dry vacs, I’d be voting an emphatic “HOT!”

3. PJ says:

I have the same tool and find it runs great on my 14V batteries, clean out the car real quick, and little stuff around the house, exactly what I bought it for.

4. rodney says:

Just to be clear this works with the 12-18 volt packs. I have one and think it works well. There is no difference in power when running on the battery or 110. I use it with the 14.4 packs. One thing I wish it did was charge the battery when pluged in.

5. Aaron Baca says:

I have one of these and I abuse the daylights out of it. It is used primarily for sucking up concrete dust from drilling and frequently also shaving cream when we have to drill through asbestos floor tiles. Don’t ask.

6. Eric says:

I bought one of these about 2 months ago, and I love it! I use it for all sorts of things – cleaning the car (I take it with me to the car wash), vacuuming the stairs, cleaning cob webs from around the ceilings, and using it in the shop. I have a small shop, and power outlets are a premium, so cordless makes it that much easier. I say, “Hot”, 5 stars, and 2 thumbs up.

7. Nate Bezanson says:

Aaron, I think you forgot to put your MDR in the yellow wallet… 😉 Quick, file a JIM!