Remember old-school Toolmonger that was all young, dumb and full of… vigor? So do we. Check out what we were discussing a year ago this week:
- On TV Tonight, Discovery was still running the massive Monday-night bike block with 8 full hours of bike-building madness. Compare that to this Monday’s schedule and weep.
- We featured Ryobi’s One+ system, commenting on how they offer everything but the kitchen sink, all for cheap. Of course, some readers disagreed about the system’s reliability.
- We reviewed the then-new 27th edition of The Machinery’s Handbook, an awesome tome that no Toolmonger should be without.
- TM readers saw us drool over the JD Squared Model 3 tubing bender, a tool we, sadly, still haven’t acquired for personal use.
- We first laid our hands on Bosch’s I-Driver, complete with its unique form factor — which I still love and Sean still doesn’t. We both agree, however, that it’s a fine tool.
- Sean recommended a sweet little 89-cent hardware gage, partially because it’s handy and cheap, and partially because it let him slip a Devo reference into a TM headline.
- And we recommended a specialty driver set targeted at the hardware hacker crowd — you know, those who take things apart and put them back together. Toolmongers know that it pays to have the right tool, and you pay if you don’t.
Aren’t you glad you lived to see 2007?