doh1.jpg
post-mask.jpg

TM reader Leslie sent us a link to this photo from AOL’s “Top News Photos for Wednesday, June 20.”  Apparently the original caption read: “A welder takes care of a job at a workshop in China’s eastern Jiangsu province.”  You’d think with as many welding masks as they’re shipping around the world to us, they’d keep a few for the employees.

AOL’s Original Link [Warning, Temporary Link.  Look at the bottom for the photo.]

6 Responses to Doh! A Very, Erm, Unique Welding Mask

1. Leslie says:

Hee. As soon as I saw that I knew you guys would get a kick out of it!!!

2. Leslie says:

Oh and DOH to me: I never seem to remember what name I go by at various places, and I guess I put in that I’m “tanama” here as I am many other places. I’m just plain old Leslie here.

3. Chuck Cage says:

Leslie: Fixed! Hey — when are you going to share some pics of all those projects we *know* you’re working on in the photo pool? We promise to feature one. 🙂

4. Leslie says:

LOL well, since I doubt seriously that folks would be all that interested in pics of me scraping ancient linoleum glue off of a wood floor using (among other things) a half-moon garden edger (which is the project that is consuming my life right now) I think I’ll wait to post something in the flckr pool until later — maybe the rainbarrels I”m building, once I get the instructions up online. Besides, there’s nothing I do that even begins to compare to the custom doors, furniture, and margarita blenders that have been featured so far!

5. Randy says:

Nice. I hope that weld’s not structural. It’s hard to get a good bead if you’re reading Dear Abby.

6. Ivan says:

I guess that was a real Made In Chine picture!