00959512000-450.jpg

I just spotted this over on Ben’s Bargains — a Craftsman overhead cabinet and riser that’d make a nice-looking addition to your rolling tool cabinet, though it looks like it’d be right at home on a small workbench, too.  The upper cabinet features tool storage in the doors.   Hooks for the metal pegboard back are included.  While the original $400 price is questionable, the current $50 tag seems like a fine deal.

Craftsman Overhead Cabinet/Riser [BensBargains]
Overhead and Riser [Sears]

7 Responses to Dealmonger: A Craftsman Overhead Cabinet/Riser for $50

1. JK says:

Of course it’s out of stock online, but I lucked out and they have it in-stock at my closest Sears to my office. I can’t pass up a deal like this, even though I have no place for it right now, it’ll be taken into account when I do my garage redesign. 🙂

2. jgb says:

Sweet deal, but already out of stock for store delivery as well.

3. Mark says:

Looks flimsy. Any comments from people who have one?

4. Stuey says:

A word of warning – a lot of people on the Slickdeals.net forums have reported that their orders were cancelled when they went to the store for product pickup.

5. Todd says:

There was available at a local store. I received an email indicating it was ready for pick-up, but a few minutes later an email arrived… CANCELED

6. Chris Byrne says:

I managed to grab one on in-store pickup; and assembled it this afternoon.

I can say it is definitely NOT flimsy; in fact it’s really quite strong. I’m using it as a benchtop riser on my reloading bench rather than a rollaway riser (I have a 26″ rollaway not a 40″), and I think it will do me just fine.

Here’s a pic: http://anarchangel.blogspot.com/2007/06/another-workbench-post.html

7. Stuey says:

I saw it in store today and it looks prett sturdy. Also, this is NOT a pricing error; the Sears I went to were in fact advertising it for $50.