post-customdoor.jpg

TM reader and photo pool member milomongo posted this photo of his friend Christoper’s incredible custom door.  According to his notes on the photo, this door was built for a local business.  I hope they appreciate it as much as we do.  Maybe he’ll stop by and tell us a bit more about it in comments!

If you get a chance, sign up with Flickr and add your own photos to the Toolmonger pool.  And don’t forget to keep an eye in the center sidebar for the latest additions.

Toolmonger’s Photo Pool [Flickr]

6 Responses to From The Flickr Pool: A Beautiful Custom Door

1. Mark says:

That is a beauty. Of course the Powermatic TS in the background is also quite nice.

2. Jon says:

The sister company of my current employer manufactures doors. They have a custom shop for special order doors, but they couldn’t make anything close to this door. It has to be the coolest door I have ever seen. Mad props to Christopher and his door makin’ skills. And as posted above me, that Powermatic peeking around the side of the door is very nice.

3. Leslie says:

That is beyond beautiful. Milomongo, if you’re looking for new business for custom doors, I am part of a couple of house-related communities where folks are always looking for exceptional craftmanship and are willing to pay for it. One fellow who is part of one of those communities, based on all of the positive feedback he received on building himself a much simpler (but still excellent quality) mid-century style door decided to go into business and he now can’t keep up with the orders he is receiving.

4. Leslie says:

I hit “submit” before I was done. Seriously, Milo, I would be more than happy to put the word out for you. You can contact me at Leslie at vmfamily with a dot com at the end.

5. William says:

does anyone else think this looks like a certain part of the womans anatomy?

6. Travis says:

That’s amazingly well done. I wonder how long it took to design and build. Now I want one for my front door.