(Wednesday, May 23rd, 2007) For sheer claustrophobic value, Fuel Tank Cleaner is a winner. Otherwise, many episodes of the Discovery Channel’s flagship program are what you’ll watch — assuming you’re not in the shop. You are in the shop, aren’t you?
All times are central.
- How It’s Made: Episode 49, plastic cups and cutlery, special effects makeup, gold and harps (Discovery, 5:00 p.m.)
- Holmes on Homes (Season 3): Drain Disdain (Home, 5:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 21, fibreglass insulation, wooden ducks, gumball machines and exhaust systems (Discovery, 5:30 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 39, yacht wheels, braided rugs, automobile thermostats and chisels (Discovery, 6:00 p.m.)
- Chop Cut Rebuild: Crunch Time (Speed, 6:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 40, ??? (Discovery, 6:30 p.m.)
- MythBusters: Exploding Lighter (Discovery, 8:00 p.m.)
- MythBusters: Elevator of Death (Discovery, 9:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 47, ceramic tiles, nuts, steel forgings, and skateboards (Science, 9:00 p.m.)
- How It’s Made: Episode 48, car engines, flour, recliners and envelopes (Science, 9:30 p.m.)
- Dirty Jobs: Fuel Tank Cleaner (Discovery, 10:00 p.m.)
- Junk Brothers: The Golf Bag and the Stereo Credenza (HGTV, 10:00 p.m.)