hot-or-not5.jpg
post-skewdriver.jpg

We wrote about the Skewdriver last year, and we’ll admit that we broke down and bought one.  If you haven’t tried one out, think of it as a screwdriver version of Husky/Stanley/Proto’s rotator ratchet — when you rotate the handle, the bit rotates, too.

We’ve found it quite useful — especially for removing difficult-to-reach screws underneath auto dashes — but we’d like to know what you think.  Let us know in comments.

6 Responses to Hot or Not? The Skewdriver

1. Jeff says:

Love this thing!! used to install car stereos professionally – this thing did wonders, you wouldnt believe how many screws were extreamly hard if not impossiable to get our without this baby!! HOT!

2. Michael W. says:

Hot. You can also pop it into your drill driver for inside of cabinets and such.

3. Don W. says:

HOT… HOT… HOT… I have had mine for about 10 years and I have lost everything but the actual head…

4. chris says:

this item is worth its wieght in gold i install car audio and this is a great put it on a drill and take anything out.

5. David Culberson says:

Oh, old post, but still: Definitely hot. I don’t use it that often, but when I do, it’s amazing.

Case in point: Tightening the steering box on my Astro. It uses a set nut and an allen-head screw, right up against the radiator. Other people have talked about removing the radiator and other extreme measures. I was able to get the skewdriver, with the appropriate allen bit in it, into the screw. I loosened the set nut and rotated the skewdriver. Perfect. It turned a 2+ hour job into a 10-minute job, no exaggeration. Even if that was the only time I used it, it would’ve been worth it. But I’ve used it a bunch of other times. (Ahh, like tightening the screws holding up my pedestal sink!!)

6. Momofuku says:

Definitely HOT. I’m surprised it is even questioned here. In power amplifier (or receiver) repairs I always use one to unscrew power transistors from the heatsink for replacement. Tiny space with minimum wiggle room. No other tool would manage. Milwaukee makes them too: