novagauge.jpg

What do you get when you combine a dovetail gauge, a diameter gauge, a center finder, and seven other common woodworking gauges?  Answer: the Nova Workshop 10-In-1 Gauge — and a way to save time with your next wood project.

Other features include a bowl chisel gauge, a dowel gauge (really handy to check size when you’re turning down a dowel), and an “angle checker” that physically demonstrates eight common cutting angles.

There’s nothing here that you can’t measure with other tools around the shop, but it’d be handy to have ’em all in one place.  And at $10 it fits underneath our “impulse buy” bar.

Note: We’re totally suckers for these kind of measuring tools, and we’re always looking for them in the bargain bins.  We’ve got a similar device around for measuring common bolts and another one for drill bits.

Nova Workshop 10-In-1 Gauge [Nova]
Street Pricing [Google Product Search]

7 Responses to Save Time In The Wood Shop With Ten Gauges In One

1. Geoff K. says:

Cool tool… How about a cheap thread gauge? I’ve always been confounded by the thread systems in use: SAE, MIP, 1/4-20, I can never understand or match up loose hardware. If you had a simple, cheap thread gauge that would be something I would pick up right away.

2. x95 says:

There are several types that look just like feeler gauges that run about $6 each or so (check Amazon). My tap and die set included the common English and metric sizes. Great for using when I need a longer or shorter bolt or lost one that I need to match something to.

3. Chuck Cage says:

Geoff: I got one in the same way x95 did — in my tap and die set. You’re right though, they’re incredibly handy. When I found it in the set, I thought, “That might be useful.” Now it comes out more often than the taps and dies…

4. Abe says:

Geoff:
    I have both of these http://www.boltdepot.com/thread-gauges.aspx. They are easy to use and very handy to have around.

Abe

5. Dug North says:

If you like out-of-the-ordinary measuring/marking gauges, you might want to take a look at my write-up of this nifty retro wood and brass odd-jobs tool.

Dug North

6. Dug North says:

Oops…I goofed on my website link…

wood and brass odd-jobs tool

There is also this similar Zero Center Finder from Woodcraft.com.

Dug North

7. Freddie says:

I’d rather have a set.
    If you break one, it’s just that one.
    Plus it’s easier to use than that thing.