ladderdock.jpg

Most old houses have mangled gutters because gutters make lousy ladder supports.  Now you can add this “ladder dock” that’ll take the weight without damage the next time you need to hang Christmas lights or retrieve a stranded Frisbee.

The Pro Ladder-Dok is a steel support which fits into 5” gutters to hold your ladder away from the gutter edge, preventing you from crushing the gutter.  It was designed by roofers who are tired of crushing gutters and paying for them — and even more tired of falling off ladders when they slip off jacked-up gutters. As you might have guessed from the picture, the Latter-Dok transferrs the ladder’sweight directly to the house’s to the fascia.

The result: a better sense of stability and far less wear and tear to the gutter.  Now your gutter doesn’t have to pay when you hang the holiday lights.  You pay only around $27 for the Ladder-Dok.  Score!

Pro Ladder Dok [Moheco]
Street Pricing [Google Product Search]

12 Responses to Ladder-Dok Saves Gutters

1. Patrick says:

How are you suppose to get this thing up there before you set up the ladder? I looked on the their site and I didn’t see anything explaining this. If I need to put the ladder up there first to use this thing, what good is it.

2. Perfect! i’ve been looking for something like this to tackle my gutters which are perched about 35ft in the air.

3. Kurt Schwind says:

I was just about to ask the same thing Patrick. If this doesn’t ‘attach’ to the ladder, how does one put it in a gutter that might be 2 stories in the air?

4. Jim says:

Regarding installation. I would position the ladder against the house directly below the gutter. Ascend the ladder, and reaching overhead, place the Ladder-Dok into the gutter as per the Installation instructions on the website. Then, descend, reposition the ladder onto the Ladder-Dok and climb back up. This should work for all but the most extreme eaves.

But from a practical point, this is probably more applicable for repeated climbing of a ladder in a single position, such as shingle installation. A single careful climb should not damage your gutters.

5. Kurt Schwind says:

I guess I’m thinking that 9/10 times I’m using a ladder up against my gutter it’s because I’m CLEANING my gutters. So I climb, clean, descend, move the ladder. Lather, rinse, repeat. I was hoping that I could somehow use this for a gutter cleaning application because that’s mostly what I need. If I did actually ‘roofing’ work, this would probably be more appealing to me.

6. Roscoe says:

I think a ladder stabilizer would be easier and more versatile: http://www.wernerladder.com/catalog/details.php?series_id=239

Just set the stabilizer arms lower than the gutter.

7. Firemanpiper says:

As to operation, it would seem that while standing on the ladder with the ladder against the gutter you place the ladder dock in the gutter positioned behind the ladder and then pull down on the bar. The leverage you gain from the ladder dock should be plenty enough to push the ladder off the gutter while standing on the ladder, after all most of your weight is actually transferred down the ladder to the ground and not to the gutter.
    In response to roscoe, I have a ladder stabilizer from werner and it’s not enough to keep the ladder off my gutters with the large overhang of my roof and my house is pretty standard for my area.

8. Matthew says:

You’ll never hurt the gutter just setting a ladder up and climbing to the gutter. As firemanpiper says, stand on the ladder and pull the tool down in place. This thing was designed for power-ladders and men carrying bundles up the ladder. AND, it does not interfere with drip edge installation.

9. Gerald says:

The Pro Ladder-Dok now is available to fit 6″ gutters as well as 5″

10. Shawn says:

I’m actually interested in this for a chain fire escape that has to roll down a roof and over a gutter to the ground. This may be one of the few suitable solutions short of a permanent, in-place railing.

11. Gerry says:

The Pro Ladder-Dok was originally designed for the roofer to keep from destroying his customers gutter. It works well to put the ladder against the gutter and go up the ladder and insert the ladder dok and it pushes the ladder away from the gutter easily. What a cost savings if you damage the gutter.

For Shawn, The Livonia True Value Hardware store carries the Fixed Ladder Dok that would work perfectly for your chain fire escape.

12. Jimmy says:

I would recommend the corner buddy ladder stabilizer click on the link search corner buddy also it is listed under accessories.